Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smackley's Alpine vert grocery getter

Hey folks,

It's been about 3 months since I bought the '89 325iC, and I wanted to post a few update pics since then. The most important part is that the car has actually been running! Yay! 4 weeks with no major problems since the tune up.

As purchased...

After JOM coilover install...woof that's low.

Plastic bumpers, splitter, french fogs...
    Last edited by smackley; 05-31-2014, 07:08 AM. Reason: updated pic links that went dead

Also made my first eBay cheapy mod (if you neglect the JOMs)...NC requires a 3rd brake light for all cars, so with the deck lid exchange I picked up one of those LED backlit emblem things...

Looks pretty clean and not too cheapy. I'm not entirely sure this will pass inspection but I have 9 months to worry about that. I painted my own rear decklid, however, and it turned out pretty nice. Single stage Alpine II paint and a bunch of wet sanding/polishing. Matches well.

Last edited by smackley; 05-31-2014, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Looks clean, and the front end is a huge improvement! Looking forward to more things happening.
      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
      Originally posted by mbonanni
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I like your wheel and of course your car too.. Looks better without the diving boards and black kidney beans are a great addition
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

The glowing badge is kinda cool.
          -Art

Comment

I coulda sworn I saw you on strickland yesterday. I was in my e36 cabrio.

COTM

Comment

Very nice!!
              Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
                The glowing badge is kinda cool.
                yeah i agree in a sick und twisted way.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

meh i wish that you could have put a late model valence on the back, but its alot of work :\ looks good otherwise!
                  sigpic

Comment

wow nice work man!
                    -His-
                    87 e30 325i
                    87 e24 m6
                    05 e83 x3
                    94 e32 740i 5spd
                    -Hers-
                    89 e30 325i
                    18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                      I coulda sworn I saw you on strickland yesterday. I was in my e36 cabrio.
                      Very possibly! I live right near Strickland on Leadmine Rd. Very cool. Honk and wave both hands next time so I pay attention!

Thanks everyone for the compliments. You all have such great looking e30's so I have a lot of work to do to catch up with everyone!

Comment

Some updates that I've been late in adding so far...

Painted bottlecaps and whitewall tires last year

Made my own shift knob and clock bezel to match the NRG steering wheel...not sure it will stay like this for long

Rebuilt calipers, new brakes, new tie rods, new control arms and bushings all around

Comment

Everytime the friends gather, it's like a small BMW meet in the neighborhood.

Comment

This year, our group of friends put together a ChumpCar team using an '87 325e that we picked up from a fellow racer. It's been such a distraction from getting any work done on the vert...

Comment

back to the vert...

I finally updated the eyes to new smileys and got rid of my wifes kitchen strainer that filled in my missing highbeam.

I picked up a barely used original top to replace my leaking ragged navy blue top. This new one has a zip out window which is nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X