All euro (b5/e30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All euro (b5/e30)

Now that i have an e30 i decided to join up on R3v and make an intro thread. (i just copied this from my audizine thread and made minor adjustments)

*if you dont care about the a4 you can scroll down to the e30 story which ill bold at the start.

Im 19 currently and am a sophomore in college as a petroleum engineer. I got my first car when i was 16 completely stock , its a 1997 A4 1.8tQ 5sp. Bamboo exterior black interior. At first i liked the color and shifted on and off and now that ive had it for 3 years its grown on me, plan on keeping it forever. Over the past 3 years have had a perfectly reliable car and awesome year round. all the changes have occurred over this summer

All the upgrades were thanks to ThatA4t (jordan) Audiforums*

This was the car on a friday morning.... and how its looked for the past 3 years as well. nothing different just all stock

Untitled by Nathan Tello, on Flickr

Took the car to a friends house friday night started coilover install around 9pm and was driving home around 1am and snapped an axle at 75 mph on the highway. pulled over called *lambo* who i was following and jordan one who did the install. managed to limp the car into a parking lot and left it there for the night.

Fun infor Lambo went ahead to look for a good spot to leave the a4 and was pulled over for driving to slow at 1am.

Saturday around 3pm we went back to the car and swapped both front axles in the parking lot. We managed to move it right next to a tree so we had shade the whole time.
    jordan doing work...

Got the axles in car ran great all the way home but i was scrapping every where i was 23 gtff and 23.5 gtfr. Tried to mount a pair of 17s on but was rubbing bad and didnt feel like raising all the coils

Sunday drove it around a little being super low loved how it looked but couldnt drive how i like to. but it was still fun.

Monday went to 325ix's house to help strip down his e30 with lambo he is parting out and while doing that i raised my car up and mounted the 17s, BUT they had 235/45 and id rub on bumps, plus they were old and dried out so decided to it was time to just buy new tires just to be safe.

wednesday i went and bought new 215/45 kumhos, which ride awesome and no longer rub and im at a height where i dont hit everything yet the car looks good still.

i went out and took a couple shots of the car. looks slightly different because i put on the front a4 cover as soon as i got home but you get the idea of the progress.

Since these pictures i have added all clear headlights, and a straight pipe exhaust from the cat back to a magnaflow 14815 with a small vibrant res in the middle.
    Also plan on going lower once my front fenders get rolled.:thumbup:

Fun Video of car and a friends wrx:

E30
    So the end of summer came and i returned back up to golden to start off the semester. I was driving around golden and say an e30 parked on the side of the road though looks in pretty good shape. (i had wanted an E30 for some time originally looked for one when i was looking for my first car, and riding around in lambo's and 325ix's made me want one more) So i just ignore it go on about my business. First day of distance running class comes up and i jog into golden and see the car parked in the same spot unmoved.
    Finish up classes have to run to town and grab some stuff so i drive by see the e30 still there i pull over (its a small mechanic shop) go inside and ask what the story on the e30 is, says its been parked for three months owner doesnt have a use for it and it may get scrapped. So i leave my number and tell him if he could get in touch with the owner for me. Few days later owner calls, says hes not looking to sell but if i give him 700 he'll let me have it.
    So i get a local e30 owner from mines to help me look over it ADOPEWITASCOPE (whose car is amazing)

we go test drive it look it over. I call the owner back and talk to im we settle on $500 and i went and picked it up on thursday. Drove it home had a blast and now its just sitting out side waiting to be cleaned up.
    1991 325i 4d black 5sp

This is the only picture of it i has thus far

New e30 by Nathan Tello, on Flickr

sorry for the long post if you read if not enjoy the pics.
    1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
    2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
    <<Flickr>>

adopewitascope will make us all look bad.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Comment

I've seen your bamboo car on audiworld and you and i are on the same level. B5's are good cars but I've had the itch to get (back) into e30's. Sounds like you just got a steal on the e30 you just bought. Whats the mileage?
      98 M3/4/5

Comment

Reminds me of my old B5

Yours is looking good. And have fun with the e30. I actually like driving the e30 more than I did with my old A4
        85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
          I've seen your bamboo car on audiworld and you and i are on the same level. B5's are good cars but I've had the itch to get (back) into e30's. Sounds like you just got a steal on the e30 you just bought. Whats the mileage?
          Really? ive never been on audiworld.. ( im on zine,fourtitude and audiforums)
          Yea i love my b5 its just too well centered, the e30 is more or a have fun/beater so i dont have to beat on the b5. Dont wanna track the b5 and have something break. Mileage on the e30 is 171k

most recent of the a4 with depo HIDs

1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
          <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
            Reminds me of my old B5

Yours is looking good. And have fun with the e30. I actually like driving the e30 more than I did with my old A4
            Thanks, i can see where the E30 would be more fun with the rwd and all but ill feel much better driving the b5 in the snow..
            <<Flickr>>

Comment

B5er looks good, I had a 99.5 B5. It was awesome for ohio winters. The e30 looks like a solid pickup as well. Welcome!

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

Comment

whoops, i meant audiforums.

b5's are beasts in the snow. Ive endured a few big storms in mine. mountains in VA, TN, NC. I even drove from knoxville to memphis in a blizzard. on the way i saw multiple wrecks, cars AND trucks/suv's that just couldn't make it and pulled over and i just kept on without trouble. i even pulled my buddy's f150 out of a ditch in the snow with the b5. later that year he sold the truck and bought an audi.

anyway, i plan on selling my b5 once i get another e30. id rather use the funds to build the e30... and it doesn't snow in FL.
                98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
                  whoops, i meant audiforums.

b5's are beasts in the snow. Ive endured a few big storms in mine. mountains in VA, TN, NC. I even drove from knoxville to memphis in a blizzard. on the way i saw multiple wrecks, cars AND trucks/suv's that just couldn't make it and pulled over and i just kept on without trouble. i even pulled my buddy's f150 out of a ditch in the snow with the b5. later that year he sold the truck and bought an audi.

anyway, i plan on selling my b5 once i get another e30. id rather use the funds to build the e30... and it doesn't snow in FL.
                  Yea they are tanks in the snow ive never had an issue with snow here this past winter we had a massive blizzard where highways were shut down and i was still getting around passed a couple cops on the highway haha.

I cant bring myself to sell the audi ive thought about it but if it came down to it i couldnt do it. Im just gonna slowly build the e30 as time goes we'll see where it goes.
                  <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      haha what an adventure that was. i thought you were getting a ticket when you got pulled over
                      <<Flickr>>

Comment

I fucks widdit.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
                          haha what an adventure that was. i thought you were getting a ticket when you got pulled over
                          Yeah haha once I explained the situation the cop was super chill...thankfully...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            Yeah haha once I explained the situation the cop was super chill...thankfully...
                            haha
                            <<Flickr>>

Comment

Some new shots from today. b5 got out of the body shop yesterday after being hit a couple months ago. also got a chance to clean up the e30 today.

<<Flickr>>

Comment

Working...
                              X