PACIFIC NORTHWEST 1991 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACIFIC NORTHWEST 1991 318is

So i started a new thread sort of introducing myself and my car earlier but never got around to good pics or anything like that. My name is Alex and i am brand new to the scene. 22 y/o, with a brand new kid, work at a hospital so my time right now to work on the car and all is very limited. I worked on hondas from 16 til now and now want something else. Buying and selling hondas has been nothing but success but now that i have a real job, i can sort of quit that and get a decent project :) I picked up this lovely lady about 2 weeks ago for a whopping 1300 bucks. Older gentlemen that sold it to me said it has been standing for 2 years as they couldn't pass emissions. Interior is almost FLAWLESS besides one small rip in the drivers seat. Motor runs decent. Suspension needs work and DEFINITELY needs coils. Rims on there now are decent but I'm on the lookout for THE rims.

My plans are as follows. Lower. New rims. Buff it out or get a new paint job, and work on the motor.

Needs: new exhaust as this one is totally shot. Couple tiny interior pieces. NEW STEERING WHEEL. This fat boy PISSES ME OFF!!:bang head:. The car runs decent but bogs sometimes at full throttle when first started up. Gotta look into that. Speedo doesn't work. Previous owner said it stopped working 500 miles ago. reads 140k :):) other than that, she's in pretty darn good shape

The 17" monsters are no longer on the car. EW. Got some 15's that are in the pics as well. Not the best but for the price i got them for, STEAL.

Hope you like. Im stoked to be on the forums. Have already met some decent folk and hope to meet more. hopefully once i start really tearing into this thing and fixing stuff, i can get some good tips and info.

AS SHE SITS NOW. (crappy phone pic. Sorry)

Few other pics. Will try to get more. I love photography so will def be taking more pics....

Don't mind the wires, i was trying to clean them off a bit from black gunk.....

check the rotation side of the wheels .if im not wrong the front left wheel hasnt been right fited.

Comment

Good start. You have got so much work to do.......Let the fun begin.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by matias9 View Post
        check the rotation side of the wheels .if im not wrong the front left wheel hasnt been right fited.
        Those wheels were temporary. The top wheels are the ones on there now. Good observation though :)

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
        Good start. You have got so much work to do.......Let the fun begin.
        I KNOW. Im pretty stoked but at the same time dreading some of it already. You already have to expect rusted bolts, broken pieces and all them goodies

Comment

Good to meet you, man. New wheels look good!

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
            Good to meet you, man. New wheels look good!
            it was most def. my pleasure :) thanks. hopefully i can get some coil overs to accommodate

Comment

I don't know if I've ever seen red paint more oxidized than that, ha. You got some passenger rear unibody damage there?

Good luck with it. :)
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

yeah - wow.. a good wash, clay, polish, and wax should really wake that finish up..

welcome to the madness !
                -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
                  I don't know if I've ever seen red paint more oxidized than that, ha. You got some passenger rear unibody damage there?

Good luck with it. :)
                  You call that damage? Ha. I call it FUN. The paint really does blow. Breaks my heart looking at it. Hopefully it could be some what revived. Otherwise, we getting new paint :):):)

Comment

enjoy the car it very nice .it has potential.and its perfect to daily, cheap to do the maintenance , and its a E30

Comment

Working...
                    X