saving a sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saving a sedan

so i picked up my first e30 a couple months ago for pretty cheap. it was pretty trashed :/ PO had done a horrible job with body filler, he had rattle canned EVERYTHING, messed up all the wiring, cut the muffler off, and many other just idiotic things.

heres what it looked like when i arrived at the car
    nos stickers

guy was a total jive turkey and lied about half the stuff with the car, didnt know much abou it at the time so i believed him. but i ended up buying it for 1300. so not too bad.

brought her home

broken bits here and there

he spray painted the air filter....................

so i spent the next couple weeks just doing general maintenance, cleaning things up, and replacing some broken trim pieces. also picked up a set of basketweaves from shEck3lls0

got a deal on some h&r sports from another buddy shortly after, and installed them the night before i headed to h2oi

heres a pic with my buddy's gti

swapped out the comfort seats with some matching sport seats (door cards are back on now)

and thats about where im at now. still making small updates here and there, so ill keep this thread updated

heres a bunch of pics of the current state. hope you like it!

Ah the old flower mill (and hell house) haha... Brings back memories from high school.

Good luck with the car!

Comment

Pretty sick! Nice pick up.
      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Was it originally Calypso?

Comment

poor car, glad its getting well taken care of, and did he rattle can the entire thing? i see the bay is a different color (not talking about the air filter )
          M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Used to be burgundrot :/ wish he didn't change it

Comment

Originally posted by nick475 View Post
              That motherfucker. Someone needs a swift kick to the teeth :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by nick475 View Post
                Couldn't tell from pics. Factory respray after it gets all sorted!

Comment

You are inspiring me. I have recently joined, having just bought a'91 318i sedan, diamondschwartz, from a friend for $1100.

I need to get basketweaves; it has hub caps over steelies (ugh.)

It runs well, really nice interior, just a few minor dings to the bodywork and a totally neglected original paint finish I need to restore.

I like the forward-leaning stance of your car - it looks as if the front only might have been lowered?

Here's mine - I am still working out what makes the '91 318i different from the 318is, in terms of engine (m42), gearing, suspension, etc. Other than the little rear spoiler trim, that is :-)

Comment

Love save stories.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                    My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

Comment

The early models have higher rear arches. So it may look as if the front is lowered, but it is even all around height wise..

Comment

Is that shiftknob... what I think it is?

Lol anyway nice job saving the poor car, looks like your doing a great job thus far. It's really gratifying to look back after a while to see how far you have brought the car from when you first picked it up.

Comment

i feel you homey

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                            Is that shiftknob... what I think it is?

Lol anyway nice job saving the poor car, looks like your doing a great job thus far. It's really gratifying to look back after a while to see how far you have brought the car from when you first picked it up.
                            Thanks! And my old knob kept falling off. So I bored out an old umbrella handle with a half inch bit lol. Fits quite snug actually

Comment

I know how it feels with PO's that just make things harder. Your further along than I am so keep up that progress!! Good to see how far H&R races look on a early arches. Should be getting them soon.
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X