New winter project, non-e30 content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New winter project, non-e30 content

Just picked up this 1989 Jetta GLI Wolfsburg ed. from the original owner a couple weeks ago. It is 1 of 1500 produced, unfortunately is has been raining since so progress has been slow.

It has the only two options avail. for this particular model, which are ABS, and Cruise Control. Paint is Helios Blue (LA5Y) of course and in decent condition, motor is 1.8L pl coded 16v, euro 5spd trans. I have the original BBS RA's with LA5Y centers but one is very bent, so they are waiting for refinish.

On to the pics:

And my e30 for good mesure

Yerrp Industries
    www.facebook.com/yerrpindustries

Holy crap those seats are beautiful...they would look great in my car ;D

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice! I'm jealous....
      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

where you from in CT?

BavAuto ~ Bilstein ~ BBS ~ Scorpion ~ MarkD ~ Prolumen

Have you hugged a corner today?

'89 335iC (M30) - summer
        '17 Mazda3 - winter

Comment

let me get those seats!!!!
          sigpic
          Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Cool. Old water-cooled vw's are fun to drive. I've owned two of them.

Comment

That's pretty cool looking!

Comment

Just sold my last winter project... 1985 VW GTI, full wire tuck, slammed yada yada... Didn't like the car much, sold her in literally 2 days lol. What are your plans? picture of my hoopty

Comment

At SynSyx, I'm in West Hartford. Where are you from? I'm atempting to get a cruise together for some fall foliage next week

Plans for the car are to keep it mostly original and clean. i have a stainless header back for it, and h&r coils so that should be good enough to enjoy it for now.

I'll get some more pics up when i put it all back together, and finish cleaning the 3 years of dirt and debris that came with it

Yerrp Industries

Comment

That interior is damn good looking! Can't wait to see it on the RA's. What color are you going to finish them in?

Comment

The RA's will be done in factory Helios blue metallic centers with painted silver lips, one is severely damaged though and i may end up using my 14x7.5 RA's instead. i have polished the lips myself and may spray the centers with LA5Y, depending on weather or not the one wheel is repairable.

These are the 14's

Yerrp Industries

Comment

Very cool project :up:. Friend of mine had a really nice 16V MkII GTI and it was a hoot to drive. Alot of the same character you find in E30's.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                        X