'86 Euro PolarisSilber 320i coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'86 Euro PolarisSilber 320i coupe

So i've been around the site for a while before i finally created an account. So here it is, my 1986 Euro Polaris Silber RHD 320i coupe, and I am the third owner. Some history on the car...

The 2nd owner (who is also a E30 fanatic & bmw mechanic) bought the car from the 1st owner as a stock 320i. He then went ahead and did the full 2.7i conversion with the motronic 1.3. He also went ahead and did some other tid bits here and there (i'll list those later down). I met up with him one day through a friend, and on September 2012 I acquired the car. The car has been parked ever since and I bought it with a few cons, however it was too much of a deal to pass up on, so all i do now is start it every weekend and move it around in the driveway.

The specs are as follows:

ENGINE:
    - 2.7i with Motronic 1.3 DME and MAF conversion
    - Limiter set at 6500 rpm
    - 2.5" exhaust straight pipe with OBX type-R exhaust
    - Short ram Intake
    - getrag 260 with 2.79 Diff (the guy said he weld it together...yuck)

SUSPENSION & BRAKES:
    - Bilstein shocks with lowering springs (i don't know what brand)
    - Stock front discs
    - drum brakes on back
    - 15" rims (unknown)

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR
    - Houndstooth interior
    - Ebay Bucket seats
    - Pioneer radio
    - Euro Clock
    - Ebay projectors with halo rings
    - E36 side skirts
    - Ebay tail lights
    - Late model ebay fogs (yea i know...)
    - HID lights in headlights & Foglights

MISCELLANEOUS
    - Electric radiator fan (wired to the a/c button)
    - A/C but needs to be re-gased
    - Sunroof
    - Battery relocated to trunk
    - Push button to start (wired through the foglight switch. So fogs only come on when the headlights are turn ared on...which is everytime they are turned on)

The Cons are: dead battery, worn tires, worn left tie rod, slighty worn guibo. worn shifter bushings

SO HERE ARE THE PICS (taken with a crappy blackberry)

When i was looking at it (with my mechanic in the background...we got rid of the hideous wing)

(the guy i bought it from had planned on Boosting it, but couldn't bother. So he took the turbo timer and boost gauges..fine by me *kanye shrug*)

(the same guy did a lil valve cover job testing the different colours. eventually couldn't be bother too keep switching colours)

(Parked at my house with my mom's old '01 E46 316i...which i daily drive. And another pick with my mom's current '07 E60 530i)

I still keep in contact the previous owner. We link up at bimmer links-ups and the like. I'm suppose get some freebies from him, like an IS spoiler inner door pulls and a new tach/speedo/etc gauge.

So for me. I'm 23, i'm in college doing my final year. Loved e30's from i was a lil kid. I've been searching for about 2 years to find one in good enough condition (trust me...there are alot of crappy ones, which i've seen, that this was honestly the best buy).
    For now it's just to maintain it (college kid on a budget), until i finally get to do a spray job and eventually turbo it. As well as some minor aesthetic mods.

So lemme know what y'all think

J'can_Blitzkrieger
    Last edited by Jamaican_Blitzkrieger; 03-24-2015, 02:20 PM.

Welcome to r3v! Awesome read. Can't wait to see where you take this thing.

Comment

good luck man get rid of the ricer head lights and seats and you will have a really cool car
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

hahahah that wing...
        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

You've got a long way to go but, it's is still easily savable.

Comment

do want that spoiler and M badge! ahhahah -sorry.

not too bad of a start, just loose those headlights, m badge, seats, lower a bit and good to go!

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
            http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
            Few pictures:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

Is it for sale the rhd 320i conversion or just an introduction to joining the forum? I wouldnt mind having another rhd car in the states to drive!
              SHAWN

Comment

Thanks guys. Well i'll definetly be looking into those things said. try to get everything back to OEM specs. Was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, i really could have missed out on. The updates will be slow, but sure to come.
                Peace

Comment

I had a set of those wheels, they were gifted to me from a buds dad when i had a flat lol

Comment

Originally posted by bmwextremeguy View Post
                    Is it for sale the rhd 320i conversion or just an introduction to joining the forum? I wouldnt mind having another rhd car in the states to drive!
                    SHAWN
                    No sir, not for sale, it is only an intro. I acquired this not too long ago. My first e30 (and technically my first owned bmw. if i don't count the e46 in the pyramid pic i posted...was kind of a "handed down").

It is in JA (where i live) where both LHD and RHD cars can be driven without paper work, even though the country in RHD dominant.

Comment

Oh how this gives me so much hope in finding an e30 when I go down to Trinidad. I have yet to find myself one down there. I'd love to have on shipped to the states.
                      Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

nice find where on the rock are you i have been looking for one for a long time

Comment

God, you riced that out.

Comment

Euro e30s are zee best.

It's busy, busy, busy, busy at Amazo Towers right now, lots of features on the bubble that we're sure you'll like, lots of people buying ...
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Nice! Polaris. I love mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X