1987 325ic. Newby here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325ic. Newby here!

What's up guys?! I am new to the forums and I figured I'd go ahead and post some pictures of my e30. The story behind this car is funny...as i actually traded a gaming computer for it. Hopefully wanting to learn a lot more about the cars on here. First BMW I have owned and so far I love it...even with all its quirks. For starters the car is in rough shape...however the motor and trans mounts have been replaced and it has aftermarket suspension. Suspension is e36 m3 tokico shocks and eibach springs from what the previous owner said. Not too much else going for it, top leaks...interiors jacked up.
    Attached Files

Welcome! This is a great start. Its the beginning of a beautiful Vert.
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like a promising start.
      Do maintenance first, then appearance later.

Comment

not crazy about the lip at all.
        i have a big soft spot for verts though :) good luck with it!

Comment

Welcome! +1 on the lip.

Comment

Yeah the lip will be long gone soon enough. I'll get some interior pictures up tomorrow. The plastic window had torn so I cut it out and replaced it with lexan and sealed it up so that doesn't leaked anymore...but alot of damage is already done. He replaced all the fluids in it not to long before I got it so Im getting ready to do plugs, wires and maybe some fuses, hoses and tps. As always, having many issues with my gauges, he plugged in a huge 6 inch tech, temp gushes and oil pressure...but I have to get that crap out asap! Anyways thanks for the positive feed back.

Comment

Oh and I see alot of changes in the newer cars, as far as exterior mods...what are my options? Im not real big on flash...usually just some nice wheels and make it look clean but id like to see the options.

Comment

Welcome and if your even in Chicago I have a mint passenger AW vert door you can have.
                I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

welcome
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Was wondering if you guys could give me some advice as to what I should hit first? I was looking around the engine bay and alot of it looks really janky lol. I took a few pictures, here you go. Also what exactly is picture 5?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Basically, I want to tidy up the engine bay some and get it cleaned up. I know if i change the radiator i can get rid of that expansion tank right? What radiator could i use for that? If you guys see anything else just let me know.

Comment

Picture #5 is the wiring harness to the engine. And I don't know too much about the radiator, but I'm pretty sure all of them use expansion tanks, or overflow tanks.
                          Previous Cars:

89 325i M-Tech II
                          00 323i
                          89 535i
                          89 325i Vert

Current:

01 Hellrot 330ci
                          91 Alpine 318i Build Thread
                          01 Jeep Cherokee (Winter Beater)

Comment

Working...
                          X