'89 325i Progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 325i Progression

I was and still am really on the boarder about a build log but I thought I should have something to document progress so here it goes!

1989 BMW 325i, Zinnoberrot Red
    2 Owners, 156k Miles, Stock everything.

Pictures I took when I first went to check out the car, looks allot worst than it really is!

After going back a week later I was ready to dive in!
    Managed to steal her for $1000 :p, not only does the car have 2 owners but documents for EVERY single thing done to it in it's entire ownership from 1998-2012.

Some pictures of it on the way home from picking her up!

That next morning bright and early before work went out with her and some friends the wash and see how she cleans up! So much dirt...

Later that night ( I know I use Instagram too much )

Week or 2 later I managed to find some free time to check out a few things on the car, turns out 3 of the wheels are bent? (Off-roading in Baghdad was my friends first assumption) Besides that, everything on the car is...well, mechanically perfect!

Few days later I took up the task I thought needed to be done first since oil was changed less than a month ago. AIR FILTER!

Later that week I did some cleaning, an hour and a wire brush with some degreaser made a noticeable difference!

Just last week she saw her first snow (in my ownership)!

Since it's been nippy out, I tackled a smaller mod, well, touchup, decided to paint the faded grille / kidney!

Also threw on a euro plate (with Romanian country code ;) but I will probably end up taking it off, i'm not really feeling the look as much as I thought I would.

Managed to find some free time to test-fit my friends wheels on the dirty30! I'm really excited for what is to come of this!

Finally finished the grille after slacking for a few days on painting it! Made a nice difference! (Going to take the euro plate off tomorrow)

Last edited by iBazooka; 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM.
    Bazooka Photography (Facebook, Website, Flickr) :borg:

Looks like you have some work to do haha, nice project!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

:up: Yeah Philly! Good lookin' zinno, good luck! Fix that rust ASAP before it consumes you!

Where in gods name is that car wash? I've been looking for a self-car wash for years now...my other car is too low for all these "automatic" washes.
      555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
      '95 BMW e34 525i
      '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
      '92 Range Rover Classic
      '90 Range Rover Classic
      '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
      '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
      '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
      '67 Pontiac LeMans
      '24 Model T Depot Hack
      ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Just saw a Zinno hood in NJ for $50 picked up on CL, and it looked mint....You might wanna check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Klug View Post
          :up: Yeah Philly! Good lookin' zinno, good luck! Fix that rust ASAP before it consumes you!

Where in gods name is that car wash? I've been looking for a self-car wash for years now...my other car is too low for all these "automatic" washes.
          Thanks man! Rust I have under control, what you see in those pics is the ONLY rust on the car! :) The car wash is 2 minutes from my house, right across the street from the Franklin Mills Mall!

Comment

Originally posted by BROKINBIMMER View Post
            Just saw a Zinno hood in NJ for $50 picked up on CL, and it looked mint....You might wanna check it out!
            I actually found one a week ago on CL as well, got the guy for $20!

Comment

that was one neglected SOB :O
              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
                My thoughts too. Props for the resto effort
                98 M3/4/5

Comment

The car sat for anywhere from 4-6 years being driven maybe 10-20 miles while sitting. Owner lived in another state so she just... sat :( Hopefully she is happy that I adopted her :D

Comment

1/8/13:
                    Managed to get some free time and go out to shoot some pictures of my car with a good friend of mine's E30!

Took the euro plate off, really not feeling the look. On the other hand, full suspension is in the works and not that far away!

Comment

Originally posted by iBazooka View Post
                      1/8/13:
                      Managed to get some free time and go out to shoot some pictures of my car with a good friend of mine's E30!

Took the euro plate off, really not feeling the look. On the other hand, full suspension is in the works and not that far away!

Monster truckin it! Love the progress, cleaned up nice
                      sigpic

Comment

1/10/13:

Had a replacement part come in for my automotive rig, thought i'd do a test shot with the free time I had before work!

Comment

It's been awhile since i've updated this thread since, virtually nothing has happened with the car itself, been letting parts stack up!

E46 Front (Power) / Rear Seats with Center Console, got the whole bundle from a awesome friend,
                          turns out rears won't work (thought I could manage somthing, guess not) but front's / console will work
                          just fine after some minor modding! Just waiting on a friend to make up some seat brackets to put them in!

Also got a new head unit / speakers all around, picking up an amp soon to install a 10" sub I got as well!

Just a few days ago I found out from a friend that there was an E30 at a local JY, Not only did said E30 have allot of nice parts, but had Brand new H&R Springs all around, and Bilstein Struts / shocks. so the next morning bright and early I stopped up, got an IS Trunk Lip, then came back 2 days later to get a bunch more things such as Grille, Kidney, Clips, etc, pretty much everything you see removed in the before / after shot I took.

Before I raped it (even though it's already been brutally abused)

After multiple hours of prying / disconnecting parts off seized bolts. (Thanks to my good friends Oscar and Jesse!)

I will post more pictures of the struts / springs / shocks once I get some time to take them / clean them up of mud.

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
                            My thoughts too. Props for the resto effort
                            agreed
                            2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
                            1986 Slammed Shwarz ETA Coupé (DEAD)
                            2004 Slammed TSX A/T (Wifey's)
                            1963 Slammed ChevyII never ending project
                            1982 Suzuki GS1100GK CaféRacer

Comment

Decided to take her to a local meet, parked next to a good friend of mines E28!

Comment

Working...
                              X