Finally .... (now also my build thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally .... (now also my build thread)

After looking at these for around a year now, i finally got the money and found one in good enough condition. i present to you a 1991 318is in lazer blue.

things that need doing:
    >gearbox mounts
    >ALL suspension bushings
    >reupholster of seats and dash (cracked, badly)
    >new exhaust (p.o put custom one that is way too loud and raspy) will probably find a stock one for this
    >LSD (very disappointed it didn't come with one)
    >bead blast and powder coat wheels (silver)
    >clear indicators and fogs (indicators are in the mail)
    >and hopefully hr and billys when i have the dosh
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlexKing; 01-13-2013, 11:41 PM.

Is that Royal Blue? If so, twinsies!
    Looks good man, awesome car to have on your P's.
    Definitely do some more low. They look so badass with some tuck on the 15s in the rear.

Comment

damn great buy!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
      RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

So clean
        sigpic

Comment

well today was productive. went and got quotes for a lot of things.

>wheels are getting blasted and powder coated tomorrow at $85 a wheel (pretty happy with that price actually)
          >reupholstering the front seats will cost $1300 for both :( thats a lot of money i don't have. if anyone has tips or alternatives please let me know.
          >bought a set of bottlecaps

other then that figured out that wreckers rip you off big time and finding an exhaust to fit my engine is a nightmare. anyone got any experience with making their own resonator or muffler? and does the back part from an M40 pipe (cat to tip) fit the 318is??
          Attached Files

Comment

wheels are getting powder coated and should be done next tuesday and new exhaust will be installed on friday. hoping to kill the rasp between 2500 and 3500 and make it a little quieter

Comment

Nice!
              sigpic

Comment

well haven't updated this in a while.

not much has happenned. problem with being a school student :(

did get the wheels back a while ago and the firsy time i saw then i was very skeptical. nothing like the silver i had thought i'd be getting but they have slowly grown on me. just have to get some paint matched and do the centers now.

exhaust got a bigger muffler which made it better but its still pretty raspy. thinking at the moment that the best thing for me is to rip a couple of resonators out wrecks and weld them on myself if they are in good enough condition. the piping isn't SS anymore so shouldn't be very hard to MIG it together at school.

other then that just doing small things as they come up. sanded and cleared my front bumper trim and will most likely paint it black and reclear it soon.

also painted the rings for the headlights tonight. i felt the need.

birthday is coming up so hoping for some parts/ money for parts.

Comment

Working...
                X