Fun Weekend in Ventura - E30 and E39 Touring Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Weekend in Ventura - E30 and E39 Touring Inside

So I hadn't been up to Ventura in a while to visit my buddy Taylor (e30fiend), and I thought why not bring up my camera to do a shoot of our cars while I was up there?

Not entirely happy with some of the pics, especially the ones of my touring, but this is a learning process at the end of the day. I still have A LOT to learn!

Here's Taylor's E30, with his temporary 2 piece Riken wheels. He used to have white 17x7.5" Borbet Type As, which he sold and will be slapping on his white 17x8.5 Type As shortly. While I prefer the Type As on his car, I don't mind these Rikens too much.

Camera used Canon 7D

Below shots taken with a Sigma 10-20mm F4:5.6

(My favorite shot from the shoot, look at the tree!!!)

Below shots taken with a Canon 18-55mm F3.5:5.6 (non-IS)

Money shot for all the stance/hella flush crowd

Below shots taken with a Canon 50mm F1.8 - ?

Trying to be artsy with some night shots under the street light. no lights or flash used other then the street lights. Used the 50mm for these on a tripod at a very slow shutter speed and timer.

Really happy with the way these last 2 turned out!

Last edited by e30polak; 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM.
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Now onto my touring!

Below shots taken with a Sigma 10-20mm F4:5.6

Below shots taken with a Canon 50mm F1.8-?

Really bummed about the 50mm set. I had about 5 other shots I really liked, but because of the low light, I left my aperture at 1.8. They all had very small focal points, and looked much better on the camera then on the computer. I'm still a total noob, so this is all a learning process. Oh well, I will do another proper shoot of my touring soon with the 50mm. While the wide angle shots are usually my favorite, the 50mm shots can be pretty awesome as well!

And one artsy shot under the street light.

Last edited by e30polak; 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM.

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I was wondering what those wheels would look like on an E30. Can't say I'm a huge fan due to the ridiculous stretch :\

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Got drunk in venture once...

Anyway wheres the touring?
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          I was wondering what those wheels would look like on an E30. Can't say I'm a huge fan due to the ridiculous stretch :\
          Ya, the stretch isn't my cup of tea either. One step larger sidewalls would look much better IMO.

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
          Got drunk in venture once...

Anyway wheres the touring?
          Just posted pics in my second post. ;)

Comment

I agree, not much of a fan of those wheels. The stretch, offset, and no-dish to the wheels makes them look a little cartoony, but hey that's just me. The rest of the car is clean.

I do dig your E39, pretty much a twin in another color to our mutual friend Peter's car: http://www.thefspec.com/2012/10/13/t...n-e39-touring/

Clean and practical.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
              I agree, not much of a fan of those wheels. The stretch, offset, and no-dish to the wheels makes them look a little cartoony, but hey that's just me. The rest of the car is clean.

I do dig your E39, pretty much a twin in another color to our mutual friend Peter's car: http://www.thefspec.com/2012/10/13/t...n-e39-touring/

Clean and practical.
              Yup, after I got it I hit Peter up on Facebook and told him I got the blue, 6 cylinder twin of his touring. I still need the celis tail lights he has, and I'm getting ACS replica diffusers instead of the Hamann lip he has.

Comment

Tire stretching makes me worry. Esp. since I live in NYC, I worry how the hot and cold weather will affect the tires. But not my car.

What side skirt is that?
                Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
                  Tire stretching makes me worry. Esp. since I live in NYC, I worry how the hot and cold weather will affect the tires. But not my car.

What side skirt is that?

Shouldn't hurt anything, people have been stretching in Germany and Norway for ages.

Comment

True.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Shouldn't hurt anything, people have been stretching in Germany and Norway for ages.
                    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Someone needs to let the e30 owner know that stretch is for slammed cars. SO much gap when he could have put on proper tires.

Other than that the e30 is clean.

e39 is sexy and perfect.
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Both cars look great. I'll throw another nod out for to much tire stretch but that's my preference. The touring looks fantastic!
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

if the wheels on the touring were on the e30, would look so much better
                          M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

i love the touring. i want one just like that.

the stance on the e30 is redonkulous. cammmmbberrr
                            98 M3/4/5

Comment

what side skirts are those on the e30?

Comment

Working...
                              X