Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 318is from down under

Hello all,
    Just wanted to introduce my car to everyone and see what you think of it. Its a brilliantrot 318is e30 in Perth, Western Australia. I have owned it for the last 3 years and its gone thru a bit of transformation. now the car sits on Borbet A 16x9 rims, koni adjustables with H&R sport springs, has a 2,25inch exhaust with a 100cell race cat and chipped ECU. Produced 120hp on a dyno, great for a 20yr old engine :)

Here is what it was like when i bought it:

Then i did a few things to it:

And this is what it looks like now:

sigpic
    1991 BMW 318is Brilliantrot
    1998 Jeep Cherokee TD Black

I usually recommend people with non-black cars to color match the black-out on the side skirts and rear valence. It really cleans Alpines, -Silbers and -Rot cars up a lot and makes for a fuller and more complete looking rear-end and profile shots. Could maybe go slightly lower to (maybe 1/2" square all-around).

But other than that, my gosh that thing is clean

Comment

wonderful car. lower the front more but not the rear, unless you'll get a defect.

h&r race with a dead coil cut and camber plates (you gotta get those 16x9s under the fender in front!) would do it

Comment

This makes me sad to look at...This is exactly how I wanted my car to look before it got wrecked. Only thing I needed to buy was to buy the wheels :(

Gorgeous car. As stated above, colour matching the rocker panels or getting side skirts would clean it up a fair bit.

Needs a bit more low in the front ;)
        320I - under construction

Comment

Looks clean! Great work man

Comment

i like it but you have bad taste in wheels dude

who gives fuck about my opinion anyway

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.
              I agree with jnormusj, those sides should be painted, just need to find someone who will acvtually do a small job like that and not charge an arm and a leg :)
              @ coolflow, what kinda wheels do you have on ur car mate? u r absolutely right about ur opinion
              sigpic

Comment

Super clean car. Looks well taken care of.
                I'd also give my opinion of lower the front some more, but I'm sure you have laws against that there in AUS

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  Super clean car. Looks well taken care of.
                  I'd also give my opinion of lower the front some more, but I'm sure you have laws against that there in AUS
                  Thanks mate, yea min height is 10mm, as in the lowest part of the car ie exhaust, front lip etc.
                  I would lower it but i need to get some caber happening both front and rear. the wheels are 9" wide and they dont quite fit under the guards. I had to roll the rear guards already and the car is sitting on H%R sport springs, lowred about 1" already

Maybe i should get some 17"s and then lower it more
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic mate. I like the black under sides... mine has them painted red and i always think twice when i look at it. When I get my new rims I may change my mind though.

I like the ride height as it looks usable and tough at the same time. Maybe go for 8inch width instead so they don't poke out? But that is me being picky. I would be happy with that car how it is.... for a while hehe

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting 8" for the front but its very hard to find only 2 rims in that size, ESP being borbet a
                      sigpic

Comment

Possibly my new favourite E30. I've been wanting to throw some 16" A's on mine for along time now, now that I know how it will look I'm drooling. I think the height is perfect. 8" front width is probably the only change I would make.

Props!
                        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Balkanac View Post
                          Thanks for the comments guys.
                          I agree with jnormusj, those sides should be painted, just need to find someone who will acvtually do a small job like that and not charge an arm and a leg :)
                          @ coolflow, what kinda wheels do you have on ur car mate? u r absolutely right about ur opinion
                          i've got the 325i basket weaves

Comment

Looks good man! Only thing I would do is lower the front all the way to the tire. Rear as well and add some camber and your golden.

Comment

Car looks great mate, looks really clean. But yeah would def look a lot better if the front was lower. Those 9's have too much poke for that ride height. Good to see another set of Borbet A's in AUS :) Where did you get this set from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks mate, yea min height is 10mm, as in the lowest part of the car ie exhaust, front lip etc.
                              I would lower it but i need to get some caber happening both front and rear. the wheels are 9" wide and they dont quite fit under the guards. I had to roll the rear guards already and the car is sitting on H%R sport springs, lowred about 1" already

Maybe i should get some 17"s and then lower it more
                              Lol I wish it was 10mm!! That would be awesome. It is 100mm :p

I wouldn't mind getting 8" for the front but its very hard to find only 2 rims in that size, ESP being borbet a
                              Can you get Borbet A's in 8"? I thought they only came in 9" and 7.5" options?
                              E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X