E46 M3 (M52 Turbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 (M52 Turbo)

I know this isnt a E30 but it is a fun badass bmw non the less. Originally built by a F1 tech name steve jafster my old man bought it and I changed just about everything. New one off mount and fitted lajouie containment seat, ditched the bottom mount setup for a new top mount, had it tuned by Induction performance, cool suit, aero work and a bunch other suspension and body stuff. Anyways she puts down 462hp/392tq on a pte 6262 its a stock m52 with mls hg and arp hardware. time to go take down some competitors. this is our second E46 m3 track car the first one was s54 and we never had issues woopin up on any other manufacture cars except for the c6 vettes. they just had us in the straights. but We are hoping this new car will cure that. The reason we went m52 turbo over s54 was simply race cost. last s54 we had built by evosport was 30k fully built. and it also uses vp high octane at $10/gal. m52's are cheap and re are running e85 at 3.32/gal. Much cheaper faster racing

We like big carbon wings

new turbo setup

cockpit

newest addition Cool Shirt FC-2 ice water cool suit and helmet fresh air system taken from nacaduct

and a picture of a picture of our old car

wow, very impressive car. how much was the s54 putting down compared to this?

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtysix36 View Post
      wow, very impressive car. how much was the s54 putting down compared to this?
      S54 dynoed at 355 all motor. Having driven both.now this car is a whole other animal. It has custom short long are tubular control arms front and back that are direct mounted to the cage. And ohlins dual stage piggy back bypass shocks front and back as well. Running 18x11 on all 4 corners and hoosier slicks this car jever looses contact patch no matter how hard you toss it. Im very impressed with the original builders work

Comment

That looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing!
        -Brandon
        '86 325es S50
        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
        S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

This is new and exciting. Thanks. Looks great!

Comment

I know the build from elsewhere, but it's surely interesting to see a little more about what you have going on. Interested to see what else you do with it from here.

Comment

Thats what ive got going on... changubg the oil tomorrow in.prep for race weekend this upcoming weekend. Pboc event at miami homestead

Comment

I feel like I am missing something. You had $30k in an S54 and it only put down 355hp?
                sigpic

Comment

I love those cooling suits, such a blessing in the hot summers while baking on grid.
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                    I love those cooling suits, such a blessing in the hot summers while baking on grid.
                    yeah they are amazing. first time we have done one with the nacadct setup for helmet air. and the helmet air rins through the cooler too

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                      I feel like I am missing something. You had $30k in an S54 and it only put down 355hp?
                      yeah stroked and bored, ported and polishged fully built with dry sump, they make 380 crank. dry sump alone is 11k. like I said s54 isnt cheap parts are stupid $$$ thats why we have this new car. if it breaks we buy a longblock for 3k and mls and arp it and be done

Comment

Please tell me the curmudgeon looking dude with the cig is your pops
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, pretty intense looking trackcar you have there. Love it
                          E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
                          sigpic

Comment

This is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
                              Please tell me the curmudgeon looking dude with the cig is your pops
                              Haha thats my old man.

Comment

Working...
                              X