Plain and Vanilla e30 (new toys!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plain and Vanilla e30 (new toys!)

I found some big slinkies in a box the other day, so I decided to make use of them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367615346875.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	7233111
    New shocks and hardware is pretty.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367615420995.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	7233112
    Shisa!

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367615482316.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	7233113

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367615510395.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	7233114
    How it was this afternoon. I swear it's still settling, every time I look at it I thinks it's lower.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367615627382.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	7233115

It's a pretty happy little daily driver at this point. I'm definitely enjoying the suspension refresh. Even with lowering springs it still rides better than it did with 200k mile old springs, and unknown age shocks.
    Cheers
    Last edited by shaferbm; 05-03-2013, 02:23 PM.

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

That sir is a decent drop for some lowering springs. post pics once it's settled.
    NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
    9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
    WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
    STÄTUS|
    Got Juice?|

Comment

Looks good! Which springs and shocks are those?
      -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

Vogtland/KYB?

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
          Vogtland/KYB?
          Exactly. Not bad for the price.

I also did rear strut mounts, front strut bearings and new bump stops.
          Here is another. It looks like it forgot to put on pants this morning! I'm painting those faded bumper shrouds at the moment.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367621634273.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	7155413

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

Comment

I had the same exact Vogtland/KYB setup on my 1st E30....but the front rake was too much for my liking. Took one of the rear spring pads out, and it was perfect.

Vogtland w/ rear spring pad.

w/o one of the rear spring pads.

www.instagram.com/snwmble
            #snwmble

Current:
            '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
            '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
            '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
            '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
            '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
            '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
            '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
            '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
              I had the same exact Vogtland/KYB setup on my 1st E30....but the front rake was too much for my liking. Took one of the rear spring pads out, and it was perfect.
              As soon as I pulled it off the lift, I had the thought that I wanted less rake. I may do just what you did. Did you remove top and bottom spring pads? Any squeaks? With the higher rear arches, the rake is even more accentuated.

Side note: it looks like we have similar tastes. I also had a red NA Miata. God how I miss it.

Edit: I see you did say that you removed a single spring pad. Sorry, I'm using my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by shaferbm View Post
                As soon as I pulled it off the lift, I had the thought that I wanted less rake. I may do just what you did. Did you remove top and bottom spring pads? Any squeaks? With the higher rear arches, the rake is even more accentuated.

Side note: it looks like we have similar tastes. I also had a red NA Miata. God how I miss it.

Edit: I see you did say that you removed a single spring pad. Sorry, I'm using my phone.

yup i removed the bottom spring pad. No squeaks or rattles at all.

btw was my buddy's Miata who owns Nightshift Performance in NJ....but he recently parted it out.

This is what was lurking under the hood of it =)

www.instagram.com/snwmble
                #snwmble

Current:
                '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

^ track monster
                  DESTROY GARAGE
                  S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post

This is what was lurking under the hood of it =)

Pretty awesome. Would've made my miata blush for what little power it had!

Comment

Looks good! I've been running Vogtland/Bilstein Sport's for the last 6 months or so, I love the ride height & quality.
                      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

looks good man i cant decide between vogtlands, hr sports, and i3s

Comment

If you are cheap like me, then Vogtlands it is! You will be able to get a 'better quality setup' using ie3s or H&R Sports, but it is up to you. For me, the Vogtlands do the trick. At least for now.

Comment

Looks great Brandon! That second shot makes it look so much better than before. Can't wait to go on a drive when I get back.
                            just doin track stuff :-P

"When was the last time you drove an e30 without a smile on your face?"

Comment

Lookin good!!
                              91 318is M50 swapped
                              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                              X