Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member intro!

Hey Guys,

Just bought my first e30, a 1991 318i this past weekend. Wanted to introduce myself and share a pic of the car. Odometer is broken so not really sure of the mileage and it needs some interior work, but the shell looks clean and it starts right up. It has some small mods like front and rear sways, some sort of suspension (havent gotten under the car to check it out), and anew exhaust with magnaflow muffler. Can't wait to learn more about these cars and post updates when I start my build. Soon I am also going to do a photoshoot with my e90 and my brother's e39 m5.

Last edited by slowturbo; 05-07-2013, 04:57 PM.
    -Alan

Current:
    1991 318i
    2011 328i

Past:
    2002 325i
    2007 335i tuned
    2004.5 a4 1.8tq GIAC

That e90 looks huge in that photo.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Welcome!

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Nice pick up!
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

welcome Looks like a great start
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Mind if I ask how much you got this for? I was looking at it a few weeks ago when it was listed on CL for around 3,500 if I remember right.

Comment

Yes! E39 m5!

Welcome to the board. Really great start. Please get chrome kidney grills.
              87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by GillesBigCowboy View Post
                That e90 looks Bloated in Every photo.
                :D

Nice car! Welcome. The bush in the background is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by markd248 View Post
                  Mind if I ask how much you got this for? I was looking at it a few weeks ago when it was listed on CL for around 3,500 if I remember right.
                  Paid 2100 for it. It needs some interior work and no A/C, but the trans is super smooth and so is the motor. Not sure of exact mileage (odo broken), but the shell looks very clean aside from some rust under the battery tray and some surface rust along the running boards. Is this a fair price? I looked around for comparable cars, but really wanted a black/black 5mt facilifted sedan so it was hard to find a direct comparison. Would love to hear everyone's input.
                  -Alan

Current:
                  1991 318i
                  2011 328i

Past:
                  2002 325i
                  2007 335i tuned
                  2004.5 a4 1.8tq GIAC

Comment

Im almost positive I saw this on craigslist. Looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by nick123 View Post
                      Im almost positive I saw this on craigslist. Looks nice!

Yeah i found it on craigslist as well.
                      -Alan

Current:
                      1991 318i
                      2011 328i

Past:
                      2002 325i
                      2007 335i tuned
                      2004.5 a4 1.8tq GIAC

Comment

Looks like a great starting point! Many folks on here favor the two-door variant to the four-door, but I love the way the four-door E30's look personally. Can't tell the state of the paint, but diamondschwarz on black is also a great color combo.

Sounds like a reasonable price assuming it's not wearing 200k+ mi. Deal with the rust first, that shit spreads everywhere before you know it. A Dremel, some POR 15, and a vacant weekend and you can probably knock a bunch of it out. Then go through and see what stuff needs to be replaced (wear items, etc.) to make it a suitable DD.

Ignore the cracks on the E90, they're neat cars in their own right (at least I think so after falling in love with my father's E90 M.)

Keep us posted!
                        - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                        E36 325i sedan
                        E30 325i sedan
                        Volvo 945T

Comment

4 door e90 and a 4 door e30, nice cars :) and most will give shit about how big an e90 is. Who cares, welcome to r3v!

Also good job on posting a member's intro in the member's rides section. Cannot count how many threads I move here from suspension, wheels and tech sections from idiots that cannot read/comprehend.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                            Looks like a great starting point! Many folks on here favor the two-door variant to the four-door, but I love the way the four-door E30's look personally. Can't tell the state of the paint, but diamondschwarz on black is also a great color combo.

Sounds like a reasonable price assuming it's not wearing 200k+ mi. Deal with the rust first, that shit spreads everywhere before you know it. A Dremel, some POR 15, and a vacant weekend and you can probably knock a bunch of it out. Then go through and see what stuff needs to be replaced (wear items, etc.) to make it a suitable DD.

Keep us posted!
                            I was actually looking for a four door because that is what I have always wanted to build. The rust and maintenance are definitely going to be the first items addressed in the coming weeks. Im pretty certain the car has over 200k miles, but the trans looks like it was changed (saw numbers written on it in marker as if from a yard), new radiator, cooling hoses, solid brakes. Still do not think it was unreasonable considering I wanted a black/black facelifted sedan as my starting point.

Also, in response to the mod, i actually posted my intro thread in the general forum first and it was moved. My apologies! I do not mind the crack about the e90. Its a good car, although I think my e46 was my favorite. Here are some pics.

-Alan

Current:
                            1991 318i
                            2011 328i

Past:
                            2002 325i
                            2007 335i tuned
                            2004.5 a4 1.8tq GIAC

Comment

Working...
                            X