Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright so I am still lost on this whole fan thing...

What I know... my fan has a Positive (Blue) wire and a negative (black) wire. I have a 3 wire plug behind my drivers head light with a brown (ground) and a Blue/Black and a Black/Green wire running to it.

What I think I know... The Blue/Black is a 12+ positive wire.

What I need to know... What is the Blue/Black wire, what is the Black/Green wire and where do I put the "Auxiliary Fan Switch 2-Prong" and what wire does it run inline with?

Thanks for any help!
    View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Morning bump would like to get this sorted today.

Comment

Update 6/26/2013:

I haven't got much done, but I only need to do a few things before I receive the harness and ECU Im waiting on. Exhaust is the biggest dilemma, any suggestions?

I got a buffer/polisher today:

Also found the other half of my fan harness, I am planning to run the stock radiator plug with the red wired to my positive SPAL wire, and the brown to the negative SPAL wire. I will see how this does for temp control. If it does not work well i will wire it like 328ijunkie says to and only utilize the high speed with the 80-88 temp plug.

And lastly anyone know what this is and where exactly it goes? It fell off my intake manifold.

Thanks! Wheels get here tomorrow!

Comment

Do you have headers already? I just put an exhaust on my M50NV swap car so I can help.
          1997 540i/6 - stock
          1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
          1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

I do not have headers, I will be utilizing the s52 manifolds, and the m3 muffler section with custom hangers. I think I am doing custom from the manifolds back due to budget.

Comment

UPDATE 7/9/2013:

The motor is up and running! But we are having idle issues, there are two spots for the TPS to plug into and 3 spots for a throttle cable. I know there is a cruise, ACS, and throttle cable, but do not know which goes where.

When we fire it up it idles for a milisecond and begins to rev out and at about 4k I shut it off.

What could be causing this and which is the throttle cable bracket?

Comment

TPS plug goes into the throttle body that bolts to the intake manifold. I assume youre still running the ASC throttle body by the sounds of it (you dont need it). Nothing gets plugged into that. Throttle cable also goes into the main Throttle body. Your ICV in the manifold all the way?

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Your last picture is the evap solenoid that is used for emissions. I left it off of my car - it will set a code but otherwise run fine. I believe a 1k ohm resistor can be used to keep a code from being set.
                  Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                  TPS plug goes into the throttle body that bolts to the intake manifold. I assume youre still running the ASC throttle body by the sounds of it (you dont need it). Nothing gets plugged into that. Throttle cable also goes into the main Throttle body. Your ICV in the manifold all the way?
                  +1. Sounds like your throttle body is either cracked open or the ICV is wide open/not plugged in.
                  1997 540i/6 - stock
                  1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                  1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

I figured out the throttle issue, 328ijunkie is correct on what he is saying. I also have the EVAP solenoid plugged in and plumbed but with no charcoal canister however. My list of things to do is becoming rather small. Hopefully will be driving it some on firday and more permanently at the start of this coming week.

I will check the ICV an make sure it is in all the way.

Im looking into Air Filter options, any suggestions? Maybe mod a stock air box so I can easily replace filters.

Will get PICTURES and a VIDEO soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                      Alright so I am still lost on this whole fan thing...

What I know... my fan has a Positive (Blue) wire and a negative (black) wire. I have a 3 wire plug behind my drivers head light with a brown (ground) and a Blue/Black and a Black/Green wire running to it.

What I think I know... The Blue/Black is a 12+ positive wire.

What I need to know... What is the Blue/Black wire, what is the Black/Green wire and where do I put the "Auxiliary Fan Switch 2-Prong" and what wire does it run inline with?

Thanks for any help!
                      If you haven't already wired it. Drivers side headlight - Red wire (12v) to blue wire on your fan. Brown wire (Ground) to your black wire on your fan.

Passenger side headlight - Black/Brown (your brown wire, if you look closely it probably has a black stripe in it, its just dirty and hard to see) to one prong of your 2 prong fan switch. Green/Black wire to the other prong of your fan switch.

Use this switch: (61-31-1-364-272-82 ) with an 80 deg C thermostat.

This will allow your fan to come on at the correct time.
                      1987 325is - S52

Comment

UPDATE 7/14/2013:

Went on my official first test drives today and it was awesome. Over heated the first time. Returned home to bleed the system more, second test run I ran hot but did not over heat. I am guessing I still need to bleed the system more.

On the second test run oil began dripping out of the tranny onto the exhaust, the oil was coming from what i believe is the reverse lights switch. I can not seem to get the body harness side to plug into the tranny sensor. Any suggestions on this?

Here are some photos of the fitment, suspension is first up on the to do list once she is road worthy.

Wheels are Enkei 15x8 +25mm with 8mm spacer, running a Falken 225/50-15

And the engine bay shots after I did a little tidying up in there. Look forward to getting m3 harness covers down the line.

THE MAIN PROBLEM:

When the car is running there is a ticking noise coming from the motor, after some investigation I have narrowed it down to coming from either the injectors or fuel rail. What would cause an injector to tick? Or could it be coming from something else and I am crazy?

Would love some suggestions.

Thanks guys!

Comment

congrats on your first drive!

regarding the ticking, are you certain it is not the hydraulic lifters? sometimes thinner weight oils will cause lifter ticking, especially since you seem to be running hot at the moment. this is a common M/S5x issue and is not necessarily indicative of a larger problem.

it may still be worth having the injectors sonically cleaned, rebuilt, and flow matched.

Comment

The injectors will make a ticking noise naturally. But, i'd side towards it being a lifter.

Comment

Also what radiator hoses did you use? They seem to fit better than mine.

Comment

Alright, I will ignore the tick for the time being and when I change my oil go to a thicker one and see if that helps. As for the radiator hoses I believe the bottom one is a s52 and the top is a m42, but I am not certain, I just grabbed the two that worked best for me.

QUESTION: So when I drive my car there is not plug in the reverse light sensor hole and oil leaks out of it and drips onto my exhaust and burns. I have the reverse light plug but it does not seem to plug into the sensor hole. Any thoughts on this? And should oil be leaking from there?

Comment

Working...
                                X