The First E30- Need Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First E30- Need Ideas

Hey everyone, i'm new here to r3vl. i have done some research but want to get some advice from people who have experienced it first hand. I just want to know what kind of mods and improvements i can do to my e30 to make it funnier to drive. I just got this car about 4 weeks ago from a family friend for free. so what ever i can do to it will be an improvement.

1985 325e
    just rolled over on 148,000 miles

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	7233335

here is a pic of my carpet before and after a good (and well needed) cleaning

Name:	bmw3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	7233336

first order of business.. tuck my bumper

before....

Name:	bmw1.2.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	7156140

and after...

Name:	tuckedbumpers1.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	7156141

Congrats on your free purchase! Also welcome to R3vlimiter! I see that you've started the right way, which is by cleaning the car. At this time, while cleaning out the engine bay, make an assessment of what are the possible or potential problems with the car. I say this because you do not want to spend your hard earn money on a car that has mechanical dilemmas. Afterwards, begin to see what exactly you would like the outcome of the car to be. For example maybe lower the car, and the type of suspension associated with this improvement and what type of ride you are looking for(race or cruse).

I always say to work inside out and that includes engine bay and interior, then begin with the appearance aspect. Other than that, I think that if you follow some sort of plan and sticking to it, you should not over spend. I've seen people wing it and over spend like I did. As always try to conduct as much research as you can before asking.

Good luck and enjoy!
    sigpic

Comment

As stated above first thing first make sure the mechanicals are in order.

That being said....if it were mine I would start as follows:

-Euro Bumpers
      -Bilstein with H&R combo
      -Alpina Reps.

As far as fun factor:

-3:25 LSD and a performance chip really wakes up an ETA

Looks like you have a great clean slate to start with. Love me some early models.

Comment

Working...
      X