Summertime Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summertime Shine

Finally arrived back at home from school and brought the car out. Took some quick pics on the driveway after a wash, clay, and wax. Not a great job, but looking a lot better. Even with the peeling tint and small dent in the hood, I'm enjoying it.

Summer-04988 by dmrambus, on Flickr
    As a quick question, the car has a rough idle that is causing it to vibrate, similar to a lopey cam in a muscle car. I've isolated it to be coming from the engine (less shake in the cabin when in neutral, so it's no the giubo/CSB/driveshaft, all recently replaced). I know it needs a valve adjustment, but I'm not sure if that would be causing the whole entire car to shake like it does. Any suggestions? I can provide more info if needed.
    Dean
    Instagram
    1987 325isA
    1987 325i - 383k

very nice early model!

your idle issue could be a number of things, the valve adjustment being one of them. how recently have you done the cap/rotor, plugs and wires, you know, the standard tune up? also, your ICV could be dirty or malfunctioning, hit it with some brake cleaner and see what happens. lastly.. it could be that the rubber engine mounts are toast, maybe the trans mounts too.

Comment

Changed out the plugs today, no notable difference. Tune-up could be it. When I was underneath working on the driveshaft I checked the trans mounts, they're fine. I'll take a look at the engine mounts and spray the ICV.

Thanks for the tips!
      Dean
      Instagram
      1987 325isA
      1987 325i - 383k

Comment

Gorgeous car man. Didn't realize how much I loved Zinno until my car got totaled.
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Working...
        X