why i need another e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why i need another e30

Well here's my story if any of you care :)

When I was 18 my mom took me to a dealership to get my first car. started walking down the line of cheap wholesale "as is" cars and there it was. I saw the headlights sticking out from the rest of the cars and i said "THATS THE ONE" my mother insisted i pick something else but i insisted on the "e30" that i never even saw before had no idea it was even called an e30... so we ended up paying 900 bucks and an extra 100 bucks to get the blinkers fixed and get an inspection sticker put it on... it was ratty old squeaky and loud.. but it was mine and i fell in love..

It was a 1987 bmw 325i 5 speed this is how she looked when i got her. she had 215k miles and i was as happy as a pig in shit.. OMG I OWN A BEAIMMAR!!! i was young and stupid... boy i loved this car...

i started out by doing some maintenance, timing belt water pump some electrical stuff.. teaching myself how to work on it with the help of r3v, tech and bimmer forums.. as well sa my haynes manual(bentley what?)

then i got some wheels cheap not the greatest but its all i could afford at the moment being 18 with a shitty minimum wage job.

then i thought wow it looks like a 4x4.. i gotta lower it

looked much better... then the exhuast was rotted so i figured i need a nice new exhuast

from this

to this

(for some reason i dont have a pic of the muffler?? wtf..) whatever it was soo much nicer with the magnaflow and 2.5inch pipes

so this is how i drove her for a long time until i got some sport seats
    side skirts removed cause i didnt like them

i loved the car and was content especially once i got the sport seats...

then tragedy struck... 6 am heading to work cold and rainy... rear end spun out from behind me and i ended up on the center island and ran over a sign... that was all she wrote for my first e30.. oil pan wasn't cracked but was gouged pretty bad bent tie rod and control arm.. breyton front airdam was destroyed...

drivers front rim destroyed

this is how she sat for a couple weeks while i figured out what i wanted to do

then i put her back together with a regular IS valance she looked ugly after i put the bottle caps back on and put the regular valance on... i dont even have a pic thats how ugly it was.. apparantly i twisted something when i went up on the center island because the hood no longer latched shut... so i drove it to florida when i went down to school and sold it to a school mate for 1600 i believe and ended up buying a VW corrado g60...

sweet ride but some moron put high compression pistons in the motor when they rebuilt it and everytime i tried to rebuild the supercharger and install it... it would blow the head gasket and the oil seals in the supercharger.. i said waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles this car and traded it a couple weeks later for a 1991 toyota celica(i was a student and needed reliable transportation) which is why i bought a celica.. spun a rod bearing 2 weeks after owning it and it only had 80k miles... sold that car and bought a ugh... ford contour... this was the end result of the ford contour

T-boned by an 80 year old man who ran a stop sign doing 40 mph... i nearly died... 2 collapsed lungs 8 broken ribs and they thought i broke my spine but i didn't... insurance gave me 2 grand for the car and i bought this after 8 months of healing

it was a 1991 325is auto with 155k paid 1900 ... i friggin loved this car... but once i got my insurance settlement.... i wanted more speed so i bought a 95 mint condition m3 for 7 grand and traded the red e30 for a jeep wrangler so i could do some mudding... biggest mistake i ever made...

pics of the m3

granted i loved the m3 but it certainly was not an e30 which i missed very much

the jeeps frame rotted out shortly after i started mudding with it.. i dont even have pictures of the ugly piece of shit jeep..

then a couple years later and a couple grand later i ended up selling the m3 for exactly what i paid for it .. still in mint condition... and started daily driving a 95 saab 900s....

i daily drove this saab for the past 4 years put about 4 grand into it worth of repairs and decided to sell it for 2 grand and start my e30 search which brings me to today...

i found the e30 i'm buying and i can not wait to get it in my possession. it will be a glorious day when i return as an e30 owner once again... no car feels as good to drive as an e30... including my mint low mileage m3 that i sold to pay bills... i need me another e30....

looks like u should stick to an e30..

Comment

Why would you sell the m3 and go to a saab?
      I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
      Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

because i had to pay a bunch of bills and selling the saab would not have allowed that.. i was unemployed at the time and didnt want to go homeless just so i could sleep in the m3... lol it was more practical for me to drive the saab than the m3 at that point in my life... and yes i need an e30.. desperately i regret trading the red e30 for the jeep i should have just put the 7 grand i bought the m3 with, into the e30 and i would have had my dream car but didnt feel like taking so long to get it so i got instant gratification buying the s50 powered m3 lol people do stupid shit when they are young and have a bunch of money you know?? they dont think ahead.. atleast i didn't

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaE30 View Post
          lol people do stupid shit when they are young and have a bunch of money you know?? they dont think ahead.. atleast i didn't
          lol I know what that's like. But at least you had the sense to make the decision to keep the saab rather than the m3 and not dig yourself a deeper hole
          Web Designer / Front End Developer
          My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

Comment

Most people who are young and have money make poor decisions. No big deal, it's not just you.

I'm excited to see the e30 that you get into. It looks like you take good care of your cars and don't do stupid crap to them. Enjoy!

Oh and those Contour pics look gnarly. Glad you're alive mang!

Comment

Originally posted by ky0u View Post
              lol I know what that's like. But at least you had the sense to make the decision to keep the saab rather than the m3 and not dig yourself a deeper hole
              i was young a stupid but i wasnt stupid enough to go homeless and live in the m3 haha plus i had a baby on the way so the absolute smartest and most hurtful thing for me to do was to "shutter" sell the m3 and drive a friggin saab haha

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
              Most people who are young and have money make poor decisions. No big deal, it's not just you.

I'm excited to see the e30 that you get into. It looks like you take good care of your cars and don't do stupid crap to them. Enjoy!

Oh and those Contour pics look gnarly. Glad you're alive mang!
              I try to keep my cars as originally clean as possible while still making it to my liking aka slightly lowered some nice wheels and a nice exhaust other than that friggin maintenance, maintenance, maintenance i want my cars to last forever not get a bunch of go fast and harsh ride parts so the car falls apart lol.

and the contour .... yea that was a shitty day i think, from what i can remember my little brother was in the passenger seat he only got a concussion.. lucky him heres a couple more pics of the contour

what happened was i was driving down a windy road doing 40mph which was the speed limit... and a 60+ year old man was coming out of a residential side street doing 40mph(speed limit 25 mph) and ran a stop sign.. t-boned the drivers side the car spun around about 6 times and then the passenger side ended up nailing a telephone pole which caused my little brothers concussion. i woke up at one point right after the accident, couldnt breath couldnt feel anything and i saw my little brothers head hunched over in my lap and he wasnt moving.. i thought he was dead that was the scariest point of my life thinking i killed my little brother :-\

This is why all my ribs broke on my left side and why they thought i broke my spine

the doctors said if i was wearing my seatbelt i would have had a 99% chance of death

passenger side that hit the telephone pole

yea pretty shitty.. BUT the accident led to me owning these two beauts for a while lol

man i do miss that m3 ... the guy i sold it to... absolutely destroyed the waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing thing.. he put 40k miles on it the first year he owned it by delivering pizzas. He put some nasty hid's, some nasty tail lights, an ugly wing.. blew the vanos, detroyed the rims and put some nasty chrome rims on it, and then traded the m3 for a 89 supra that i saw him pushing down the road a couple months ago with the hazards on.. serves you right waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles face

BTW the reason i posted this thread was because i was browsing through my photobucket of pictures that were years old and it brought back a lot of memories and im so excited to be getting another e30 i had to share with you guys haha

Comment

man i do miss that m3 ... the guy i sold it to... absolutely destroyed the waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing thing.. he put 40k miles on it the first year he owned it by delivering pizzas. He put some nasty hid's, some nasty tail lights, an ugly wing.. blew the vanos, detroyed the rims and put some nasty chrome rims on it, and then traded the m3 for a 89 supra that i saw him pushing down the road a couple months ago with the hazards on.. serves you right waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles face

BTW the reason i posted this thread was because i was browsing through my photobucket of pictures that were years old and it brought back a lot of memories and im so excited to be getting another e30 i had to share with you guys haha
                Stahp telling us this

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
                PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
                Originally posted by marshallnoise
                You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by serdar255 View Post
                  Stahp telling us this

you're him aren't you? !!
                  Last edited by NeedaE30; 05-27-2013, 11:00 PM. Reason: btw thats only the second time i've even mentioned it bro

Comment

the doctors said if i was wearing my seatbelt i would have had a 99% chance of death
                    Is this a typo or were you not wearing one? That looks like it was intense...
                    What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                    90 325ix

Comment

i was NOT wearing my seatbelt and to this day i don't like wearing one and only wear one when i am in assachusettes

Comment

Working...
                      X