• Show
Clear All

• Swanny
    replied
    The force is strong with this one.

Leave a comment:

• Ether-D
    replied
    No problem brosephine. They do look sweet.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Did a little work today. Big thanks to Jacob and his skills for the help!

Leave a comment:

• chondamx
    replied
    I've got that steering rack for yah, buddy ;)

Leave a comment:

• Aviator
    replied
    Ok thanks. I'm going to use a set of new e30 trans mounts I already had. Hopefully they will work ok. And I also have that radiator, good to hear it's worked fine for you.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Aviator View Post
    1. How's the CXracing radiator holding up?
    The radiator itself seems to be doing a great job of keeping the engine cool. I have an issue where the car takes a while to get up to temp, and on cold days it stays in (or near) the blue unless it's sitting still. Hopefully replacing the thermostat will help correct that. I'm planning on pulling the heater core and replacing it if necessary as well.

2. Did you use stock e30 trans mounts on the swap? How have they help up?
    IIRC we used new E21 mounts.

3. Any issues on anything else that was swapped?
    Yep, a few things...
    • The flash/tune I got from TRM through Markert has a couple of kinks to iron out. I'm planning to take Dave up on his offer to re-flash the ECU; just waiting to hear back from him.
    • The Magnaflow cat needs to be replaced. After bottoming it out a couple of times it sounds like I broke some internal welds, and it occasionally rattles at idle and on deceleration. I have some E36 M3 resonators waiting on me whenever I can get back over to RobertK's and have a new mid section welded up. Despite having to pay four times what I should for them since I had to have them overnighted, the V-bands will have paid for themselves.
    • I need a new steering rack. The E36 rack I bought off CL was apparently out of a wrecked car, because it has a couple of sticky spots and doesn't re-center well on its own.
    • After six months of occasional driving, a Brodeo and a handful of autocross days, the rear tires on the TypeCs are shot. :mrgreen:

Leave a comment:

• Aviator
    replied
    Cool! Couple questions for you now that's been a while since the build.

1. How's the CXracing radiator holding up?
    2. Did you use stock e30 trans mounts on the swap? How have they help up?
    3. Any issues on anything else that was swapped?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Another...

Photo credit: killboy.com; all rights reserved

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Lola on the Dragon this past weekend at the Brodeo.

Photos credit: us129photos.com; all rights reserved

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Thanks! The red car is Klaus, and you're correct - he's an '87 Zinno iS. He has his own thread, linked in my sig.

Leave a comment:

• ScHpAnKy
    replied
    great looking car, but I have to see more pics of that (zinno 87?) in the background of one of those pics!

Leave a comment:

• Sideways87
    replied
    My butt dyno also agrees she has more power!!!

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Over the weekend Lola got two new oxygen sensors. I de-pinned the connectors, cut this 3' fire sleeve into two 18" pieces, fed the wires though, fire taped the ends by the sensors, re-pinned the connectors and installed them.

The fire sleeve covers the wires from where they screw into the header down pipe up to where the VC meets the head. It may be overkill for the amount of heat they'd normally see, though I don't ever have to worry about the wires shifting and getting too close to a hot pipe and melting.

Her check engine light is now gone (as is the piece of black cardboard that was covering it up), and my butt dyno says I have more low end power.

Thanks to Levent for the great service, to my friend Lee for the assist de-pinning the connectors, to my friend Bill for use of his lift and to bimmerteck for the advice on use of the sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Did you need a newer e30 overflow reservoir for the ebay radiator?
    Nope, we used the stock
    one.

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
    Nice work.....
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MikeDE
    replied
    I have a 296k KM(185k mi) E36 328i Touring that runs like new that I just picked up for €800(~$1100). I was gonna part it but this makes me think twice.

Nice work.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X