No announcement yet.

agent's 24v build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday morning I installed new half shafts, then went to the AutoX today to try out the Azenis. I shaved a few tenths each run as I got progressively acclimated to them. My best times of the day came during the "fun runs" when I was able to do three runs in a span of about five minutes, taking advantage of building up - and keeping - some heat in the tires.

Getting ready to do work.

Old, tired axles removed. The passenger one had already puked most of the grease from its outer boot.

New, shiny axles installed.

Money well spent! :mrgreen:
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Braggart!
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Those seats are awesome! what car are they out of?! (i'm new to BMWs...)

Comment

Thanks! They're out of an E36 M3, commonly called "Vaders."

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            This happened to me yesterday on the way home from Zach's house. The last time I recall touching them was when I did the rear wheel bearings last summer (July?). I was extremely fortunate because 1) it happened as I was shifting from 1st to second leaving a stop sign at a leisurely pace, 2) all the bolts were still present and 3) he was about 30 seconds behind me on the way to run an errand.

A quick trip back to his place for the necessary tools and a jack, field repairs were executed and I drove her home. Like Lola's namesake, I had noticed a little noise recently and had every intention of checking things Tuesday...

[IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5311/14306486686_4483619f1e_b.jpg[IMG]
            lulz. You know I've torqued 'em properly a couple times since and every time they come a little loose by the next time I checked them. Must be the grime that gets in there. I've just started cranking down hard on them now and checking them periodically, done me well so far. I play with diffs enough that loctiting them every time just isn't practical.

Nice car buddy. Funny seeing that plate on another car, let alone one with paint!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              lulz. You know I've torqued 'em properly a couple times since and every time they come a little loose by the next time I checked them. Must be the grime that gets in there. I've just started cranking down hard on them now and checking them periodically, done me well so far. I play with diffs enough that loctiting them every time just isn't practical.
              Yeah checking them routinely is (now) on my list. The new axles went on to the output flanges with a 3/8" air impact at somewhere around 80 ft/lbs, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they need another torquing after Sunday's AutoX.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              Nice car buddy. Funny seeing that plate on another car, let alone one with paint!
              Thanks for the compliment and for allowing the trademark infringement. :mrgreen:

Comment

I recently acquired another set of wheels on my bucket list, and got tires put on them over the weekend. It may be time for one of Lola's biannual baths...

Comment

Oh yeah! I like that a lot.
                  Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Chris is just trying to compete with me on number of sets of wheels owned, but not currently installed.

Comment

He's gonna be on that show "Hoarders" next month. For wheels.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't know if this has been brought up, but how is the fitment on the rear plate filler? It is the US plate filler if I am not mistaken? Great car btw, I've seen it a few times around Spring Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
                          I don't know if this has been brought up, but how is the fitment on the rear plate filler? It is the US plate filler if I am not mistaken? Great car btw, I've seen it a few times around Spring Hill.
                          It is a US plate filler, and the fitment is great. Thanks for the kind words! Flag me down next time you see me out.

Comment

Now with a trailer hitch for towing stuff to the track! Huge thanks to Ether-D/Jacob for spending his Sunday welding and grinding. Pics of trailer to come after it's built.

Comment

Hitch looks awesome! Great work. You make a gold e30 look good!
                              Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X