Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 318i slop hopper

good morning r3v!
    yesterday i posted my 1985 318 in the for sale area of this site, which was silver once and spray bombed black and is now turning primer as i find time to sand. i felt it was worth explaining, as io probly seem like a fickle fella, seeing as ive been a member of r3v only a few months.

back in late 2012 i spied a 1991 325is fresh alpine white on coilovers with a badass yakima luggage rack( i got a fetish for containers/logistics) and alot of the essential suspension parts replaced, driveshaft, etc. for a great price on account of a salvage title. you get the point. i snoozed on it its gone.
    but i was turned on to e30s.
    and i found one!

the first wash.
    not as pretty as some, but i like her.

the paint was terrible. as bad a job as i've seen.

the plans so far: new paint, suspension refresh, maybe with m3 offset bushings, sport springs.

a comfort drivers seat.

could be i need a nice flowmaster or borla muffler, though the stock replacement is newish. PO put aftermarket headers on with stock exhaust. curious what a cat delete alone would sound like.
    as she sits :

now for the internal conflict. while out hunting down parts i ran across a 1984 hartge bronzit. with a swap. a v8 swap. the hartge origins are as yet unverified. but i am pretty sure its an m60 in there.
    i want it
    i will proby need to sell the 318 to get it.
    in the meantime i'll just keep tinkering.
    gapped the valves yesterday, advanced the air flow a notch and we went cruising. she seemed to feel better than she has since i bought her.
    so there it is.
    thanks for reading. thanks for having a club out there. it would be a lonely fetish without all the good inspiration out there!
    gregory

:)
    Nice start

Comment

Working...
    X