Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undr8d Empire: MFest Las Vegas 2013

Hi Everyone,

So just like my Bimmerfest coverage, I've been too busy to get through all my pics from MFest till now. I finally got Adobe Lightroom 5 the other day, and WOW what a life saver it is! I found that batch processing all my pics from events in Photoshop was a huge waste of time. I'm glad I had the time to learn to edit my photos a bit more in depth by using Photoshop, but with the number of shots I've been taking at events (anywhere between 500-1,400) it took me way too much time to do the same exact thing to almost every photo, which typically took between 5-7 minutes per photo....

All photography by me at Undr8d Empire

Follow Undr8d Empire on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc?ref=hl

Follow Undr8d Empire on Instagram @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Follow Undr8d Empire on Tumblr @ http://undr8dempire.tumblr.com/

Anyhow, even though I'm not as happy with the product, I can focus more time on the shots that I really like now. Lightroom more importantly allows me to better organize all my RAW files, and get them ready and posted on the web in a timely fashion. Anyway, enough blabbing and onto the goods!
    So Mike Radowski and Luke King from Maximum PSI had made the trip out from New Jersey this year, shipping out their shop's factory DME turbo E46 M3, to show off at both Bimmerfest 2013 and Mfest. Needless to say, the two of them made this year's trip to MFest that much more memorable.

Last year's MFest was my first real event with my SLR and I really enjoyed the photography practice. I was really happy with a lot of the shots I took, and not having my car with me/having to drive, allowed me to get more practice with rolling shots (which I haven't done since last year's MFest). Over the past year I bought 3 lenses, and a tripod, and have gotten quite a bit better with my angles, my composition, and my editing.
    As a result, I was really excited to work on my photography further this year.

So, as usual we left LA from the West LA caravan spot, bright and early Friday morning. Ironically the right before we all got on the 405 North, an E39 - 540, had flipped in the right lane of traffic, right by the entrance. Initially many of us thought that this was an MFest participant, but we later found out it wasn't. This caused quite a bit of traffic and split up the West LA caravan from the get go.

Unfortunately these are the only 2 shots I have of the accident and they're pretty poor quality. This looked pretty bad....

Once we got on the 101, I hopped in the backseat of my buddy's M3 and started snapping away:

A few Canadians drove down for Bimmerfest, stayed the week and rolled out to Vegas as well. All 3 cars were very nicely set-up:

Brady's awesome 500hp Dinan 535 Turbo, built by Miller Performance

A bunch of randoms

The caravan made a quick pit-stop for gas, and a short breakfast break

Chris unveiled his new beauty - Liberty Walk Performance wide body E92 M3, with a VF supercharger kit.

Love this Daytona Violet E34 M5!

One of my favorite E39s I've seen

My chauffeur and buddy Peter (m3maker)

So I wanted some shots out of the sunroof...

Unfortunately someone didn't want their picture taken and we got pulled over. Got a seat belt ticket, oh well..

Last edited by e30polak; 07-10-2013, 01:17 PM.
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

We caught back up in time to roll into Vegas with the caravan. We had private parking on the 3rd floor of the Palms parking structure.

Mike Radowski from Maximum PSI talking to someone about their shop's 700whp factory DME turbo E46 M3, girlfriend was getting bored, lol. :razz:

Peter's techno violet chariot that we rolled in

Kyle's gorgeous E30 M3 on OZ Futuras

And his brother's awesome MBZ 190E Cosworth

Loved these 2 E92 M3 IND cars

Ben's 600+whp turbo E36 M3

Meisterschaft's turbo back F10 M5 exhaust sounded AMAZING!!!

One of the sickest E90 M3s around - Dakar FTW!

MFest Chris's amazing Liberty Walk Performance widebody, VF Supercharged E92 M3. Custom vinyl wrap done by Republic Wraps and Customs in Marina Del Rey.

Peter's technoviolet E36 M3 sedan

Garrett's M3 - One of the guys that came from Canada

Last edited by e30polak; 07-10-2013, 01:20 PM.

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So that night there was the drag strip event, which was a HUGE disappointment. MFest as an organization REALLY dropped the ball on this portion of the event this year! The races were supposed to be from 6pm - 9pm as they are EVERY YEAR, and they were supposed to be FOR MFEST ONLY. Well I don't know why this happened, but everyone that showed up at 6pm was told that the event wasn't happening till 9pm and that we were simply a part of the local Midnight Drag Races....

This is total BS, especially for vendors like Maximum PSI and other companies that use the drag strip to showcase how their cars perform. Everyone that showed up for 6pm (the majority of the MFest participants) never came back for the event later that night. That's a HUGE let down for the vendors, as no one was really there to watch what the amazing cars could do. On top of that there were long waits between runs because there was like 100 local cars there competing as well...

Ok done with my rant.

I found Brett's crazy 10 second E30 waiting to run

My friend's Brady and Ben waiting to run their turbo monsters

Oh hey, it's Mike Radowski!

Sadly this is the only pic I got of Ben's run

A few of Brady's 500hp Dinan 535 turbo, built by Miller Performance

I didn't get many clean shots of Mike's passes throughout the night, but something is better then nothing

Luke (of Maximum PSI) - nuff said

Brett's turn! Sadly he snapped multiple axles that night because the car was hooking so hard on the prepped track. He never got a real pass unfortunately...

Last edited by e30polak; 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Saturday was the track day at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where Maximum PSI and all the other vendors had booths, showing off their products and cars.

Maximum PSI's beautiful E46 M3 turbo kit. Factory DME tuned - by Nick G. of Technique Tuning

Maximum PSI was raffling off one of their kits that day, pretty amazing price if you ask me!

My favorite cars from the whole weekend - Liberty Walk Performance's 2 beautiful widebody E92 M3s!

Probably my favorite 1 series I've seen other than the Dakar Yellow one in SoCal

I can never get enough of this Dakar Yellow E90 M3

Rodney's E39 touring on display at the Nutek wheel booth

Kyle and Tyler's amazing DTM Legends!

Last edited by e30polak; 07-10-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Impressive Wrap's blue chrome M6

This E39 photographs SO well!

More of Chris' amazing VF supercharged, LB Performance widebody E92 M3

Oh ya, I forgot this was a track day

This thing was sick!

Two amazing individual E92 M3s

Paul's Canadian spec E34 M5

Oh hey, it's Brett (turbo325is) from Race Republic in Utah and his 10 second E30

Cam (highboostingm3), Brett (Boots), Brett (turbo325i) and the crew

Oh hey it's Jordan from RK Tunes

Oh wow, Colby Colbs showed up too!

Mike Radowski was busy selling raffle tickets for their turbo kit

And the lucky winner of the raffle

It will be going on this e46

Group pic!

Last edited by e30polak; 07-10-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Track day started to wind down, so I grabbed a few more pics before leaving

Peter's M3

And because I couldn't get enough of them - the LB Performance widebody E92 M3s

The guys from LB Performance Japan

The next day Mike and Luke began to pack up, to head home

And the last shots of the weekend

Last edited by e30polak; 07-10-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

probably enough

Comment

Such awesome pictures, thanks for sharing! I love the blue e39 M5 on the CH's.
                My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                  Such awesome pictures, thanks for sharing! I love the blue e39 M5 on the CH's.
                  Thanks! I wish I had time to edit every single one of them, but they look good enough.

Still getting a bunch of them on here, so stay tuned!

MORE TO COME TONIGHT AND TOMORROW
                  Last edited by e30polak; 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

More of that Daytona M5 please
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

i wanted to say more pics of a certain car, but then realized i want more pics of everything.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Great coverage! :grin:
                        '90 Alpine White M3
                        OEM Hella Smoked Euro Smileys | OEM Headlamp Washers | Startec Tail Lights |
                        EVO III Undertray | EVO III Front Lip | '92 DTM CF Gurney Flap | Recaro N'Joys |
                        Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras

DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5

Comment

Thanks for the pics!
                          -Greg
                          90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
                          b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Appreciate the great pics Chris. Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            January 2012 COTM

Comment

FINALLY ALL PICS ARE UP!!!!

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                              More of that Daytona M5 please
                              Sorry don't have any more....

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              i wanted to say more pics of a certain car, but then realized i want more pics of everything.
                              :razz:

Originally posted by SteadyAim. View Post
                              Great coverage! :grin:

Thanks Kyle!
                              :grin:

Originally posted by bobross View Post
                              Thanks for the pics!
                              Originally posted by robrez View Post
                              Appreciate the great pics Chris. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X