Taking a little break from e30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a little break from e30s

I recently sold my e30 to go back to my roots of foxbody mustangs. The biggest flaw with most american cars are it's handling. The reputation of straight line power and no cornering capabilities are very true with older American cars. Well I finally found an affordable turn key 1986 Mustang GT that has been modified much like I would have if I had the income to do so.
    The 302 is now a fully built carburetor'd 331 stroker. The foxbody suspension has been replaced with all tubular k-member and control arms. The springs and shocks have been converted to coil overs with adjustable plates. The steering rack has been replaced with a manual rack. Frame tied, caged, race seats, fuel cell, and a full aftermarket in dash gauge set. This mustang has the suspension and power that transforms the mustang to a true sport car.

I was told by the seller that the horse power is around 475. I don't have documents to back this up but I do have a complete detailed stack of part receipts and build data. It definitely feels extremely fast and powerful by my butt dyno. Notice the drum shaped heavy gauge steel bell housing that house an industrial clutch.
    I still own several BMW's and will more than likely have another e30 in the near future.

20130720_161012_zps1cb02388.jpg Photo by Graveshaker | Photobucket

Nice man.

Now post your previous e30 so we can calculate exactly how mad we should be with you.
    :)

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      Nice man.

Now post your previous e30 so we can calculate exactly how mad we should be with you.
      :)
      1991 318is. Loved this little guy:(

Comment

Looks like that GT is a little rough in terms of build quality...

What are your future plans for this thing?
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
          1991 318is. Loved this little guy:(
          That's a beautiful car.
          -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
          -1990 325i sedan

Comment

aw man what. that's a real nice looking 318 to let go.

goodluck with your current one though. you will be back though, cuz we dont leave e30's, e30's leave us.

Comment

K-member and coilovers are cool, AT, Carb not so cool.
              Still looks like stock rear upper control arms, that's gonna be the biggest handling holdback.
              Really surprised they went K-member/coilovers without addressing the Achilles heel of the fox body. K-member doesn't help drag racing AFAIK. You need a torque arm and adjustable lowers. World of difference, way bigger improvement than the K-member.

The white rims are a bit scary, btw.

475hp on a 331? Sounds pretty optimistic. Dyno tuned, maybe 350. 375 if they were some sort of gods. I had a FI 5.0HO in a 97 GT, edelbrock heads/intake/MSD/BBS/etc and I got 300hp/350tq. Very fun. I'm sure others could get more, but not 475.

Comment

Nice! Nothing wrong with going back to your roots. One day i'll be back in a 67 Coronet or 70 Dart.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by kbeefy View Post
                  K-member and coilovers are cool, AT, Carb not so cool.
                  Still looks like stock rear upper control arms, that's gonna be the biggest handling holdback.
                  Really surprised they went K-member/coilovers without addressing the Achilles heel of the fox body. K-member doesn't help drag racing AFAIK. You need a torque arm and adjustable lowers. World of difference, way bigger improvement than the K-member.

The white rims are a bit scary, btw.

475hp on a 331? Sounds pretty optimistic. Dyno tuned, maybe 350. 375 if they were some sort of gods. I had a FI 5.0HO in a 97 GT, edelbrock heads/intake/MSD/BBS/etc and I got 300hp/350tq. Very fun. I'm sure others could get more, but not 475.
                  It's a 5speed not an AT. The carb is a perfect setup for this build, plus it cleans up the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by htown318is View Post
                    aw man what. that's a real nice looking 318 to let go.

goodluck with your current one though. you will be back though, cuz we dont leave e30's, e30's leave us.
                    Yeah, I've been back and forth many times before. The ground pounding cam loping American V8 power was calling me. I live in Basically Motor City MI. Not much love for imports. Oh and Woodward dream cruise is coming, the worlds largest classic American car cruise.

Comment

Love Foxbodies. Mine would be laguna green with fuel injection.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

My roots will always be an e30. I have a feeling I'll end up following my pops roots and end up in 67 R/S Camaro.

Awesome stang. Posi traction? 8)

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                        X