New Member - 1992 E30 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member - 1992 E30 Convertible

After a long search, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased my first e30, a Laguna Green 1992 325i Convertible. Originally a California car, it has spent most of its life on the west coast, before being taken to Florida earlier this year, where I purchased the car. It is now in themDC metropolitan area.

The car drives great and has a strong M20 motor.

My goal is to bring this car back to as close a stock showroom condition as possible in the upcoming years. I'm very glad to have this community available and will continue to rely on you for tips and advice.

Wow What a great car to start with... Is it as clean as the pics make it seem?
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Yes, it is definitely pretty clean with a few noticeable issues.

The leather seats are in ok condition but are very dry. I need to figure out how to add some moisture into them.

The convertible top canvas is in pretty bad shape. I am going to have it replaced by fuzzysux, who is a member of the community and has done several of these.

The convertible top mechanism works ok but needs a lot of adjustment. The biggest issue is that the tonneau cover doesn't close all the way when the top is down.

The OBC needs a new light bar, which I plan to install this weekend.

I'm missing a front lip spoiler and would love to find a used OEM one to install.

Besides that, the car has some general e30 cosmetic issues including a minimally-cracked dash.

Mechanically, it runs very well and pulls strong.

Comment

Great looking vert. I have a few light bars I've been converting to leds

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
        sigpic
        Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Good looking vert. Welcome aboard!

Comment

So much potential. Welcome aboard.

COTM

Comment

welcome to the club..great start
              sigpic

Comment

Looks sharp. I'll keep an eye for it I'm in the old town area a couple times a week often cruising the GW Parkway
                1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

great color, welcome and congrats
                  sigpic
                  New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                  %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Nice vert! Looks like it was kept in a garage. It's interesting that it has the e36 325i badge on the trunk. Mine was missing the front lip when I got it as well.

Check e30ic.com for the re-alignment procedure. You're incredibly lucky yours works! Most people have converted to a manual setup.
                    1992 325ic, Alpine over Indigo.

Comment

Clean vert! What's the milage? Interior pic's?
                      sigpic

Comment

You want the goods to get your leather back in tip top shape?

"leather care", "leather Restoraion", "leather dye", "Leather Preservation", "leather", "Leather Cleaning"

Great, great product.

Comment

I'm sure fuzzysux will take off the tonneau cover when he replaces the top but if you feel like messing with it in the mean time: There are three bolting points inside the top storage area that connect the top frame to the body of the car. usually people will use 1mm thick spacers to adjust where the tonneau cover come into contact with the latch. If your ballsy loosen all six of the mounting points and slide a few of the spacers out, try closing the top and adjust until flush.

And nice pick up man she really looks great in the pictures. wish my vert was that clean.

Comment

Cool car. Nice park job.

Comment

Working...
                            X