New dirty pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New dirty pictures.

Went to a construction yard and braved some serious terrain to bring these to you. Overall pretty happy with the outcome.

Black e30 is Kristin's, for this shoot we shall refer to that car as "stilts"

Last edited by Jordan; 02-17-2006, 05:32 PM.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

whats up with the gap infront? by the left headlight just below the grill and bumper? not like the jordan we all have come to love/hate here? lovin the wheels.

PS nice tires on all 4 corners.;)

Comment

Never noticed your grille was painted body color, not a fan. Did u notice any increase in understeer with those 255s in the rear vs. the 245s?

-Dan
      never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
      '87 325ic - Project daily

Comment

Damn J, I hate to say this, but I'm not feelin it. The tires look balloony and the wheels are just too much.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

car looks awesome jordan...i'd say go for different rims instead of the wider ds2's
          but very clean.

oh btw...i think i see a rust bubble on the door....hahahahahaha...j/k

Comment

Originally posted by E30-330i
            whats up with the gap infront? by the left headlight just below the grill and bumper?
            Happened on my trip down to TX when I hit huge chunks of scrap tar (like would fall out of a tar truck) on the highway. Whole front end is being rebuilt in a couple months anyways. Don't really care right now.

Originally posted by S14sx2nr
            Never noticed your grille was painted body color, not a fan.
            Welcome to 3 years ago. Still hasn't chipped either. Nothing like proper prep work.

Originally posted by S14sx2nr
            Did u notice any increase in understeer with those 255s in the rear vs. the 245s?
            Originally posted by Jordan
            Its a veritable go kart. Understeer is completely gone, and car handles very neutral. Oversteer is actually quite difficult to induce (you have to make a genuine effort) when it does let go it is very easy to hold and control.

The difference between 225F/245R and 245F/255R on my car is night and day. Simply put its amazing.

Braking performance is also greatly improved. I find I can brake much harder while turning sharp then I ever could before. With the 225's up front braking hard with excessive turnin the front end would plow into gross understeer. Now it just GOES.

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
              Damn J, I hate to say this, but I'm not feelin it. The tires look balloony and the wheels are just too much.
              Yeah, I'm really not happy with how super squared off the 255's look on a 8.5 wide wheel. Its also the design of the tire too that plays into that. It's all temporary though. It handles unbeleivable right now but it will have 245/35R18 all around come summer.

Originally posted by King Luis
              car looks awesome jordan...i'd say go for different rims instead of the wider ds2's
              18x8.5 CSL's come summer.

Comment

my word
                sigpic

Comment

bring back the black mouldings.

tires look 'balloony' because of the dirtness.
                  -Peter
                  '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                  '91 318is slicktop project
                  '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                  '00 Tundra

Comment

I think the lack of contrast hurts the wheels flowing with the car. But that's me.

*terrain
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Habla
                      bring back the black mouldings.
                      Would have to have had them in the first place to bring them back.

I tried them on after refinishing them in black (as covered in about 20 threads by now) and they looked like shit all out of place being black with no belt around the sides of the car to match.

Comment

ehh its all been done so well but its just not that appealing anymore. the wheels look out of place on an E30 to me. bringing back some contrast in the exterior and some dif wheels and again it would the toast of the town.
                        HDE30 <3

Comment

It's astonishing how much rubber is crammed under those arches. Looks so badass. I can't even imagine how much grip you've got now, I wish you were still close enough so I could get a ride in it. One of these days.

I like the pics a lot, I've always thought shots of cars done in dirt-covered areas looked cool, I like the way the dirt sticks to the contact patch of the tires, creating the stark contrast between the black and the dirt. There was a shoot in PBMW a few years back of an E36 in a white gravel pit, the tires were one of the best looking parts of the pics.

Comment

Nice photos.

Car needs some contrast. To much silver.

Originally posted by DaveCN
                            Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

Why does your front bumper look tilted? Is it the angle? Digging the new wheels.
                              Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                              X