BadfishTX's 93' e30 Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BadfishTX's 93' e30 Cabrio

First I bought the car from A Plus imports 100% stock with 107,000 miles. Here are a few photos:

The first thing I did was buy a BMW M Style ZHP Weighted Short Shift Knob.

Next was Smoked Turn Signals, E30 European Shadowline Kidney Grills, and E30 Kopi European Grills that I got from Mel at http://abrahamsmotorsport.com/e30.html

Then Wray at http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels-display.php?view=LM20 sold me some 17" LM20's.

Front: 17x8 +15 2.5" LIP 205/40/17 P Zero Nero Tire
    Rear: 17x9 +20 3.5" LIP 215/40/17 P Zero Nero Tire

Black ARP Studs
    Clear Brushed Anodized Center
    Brushed Aluminum Lip

This is how she sat so far....

Then came a set of E30 Adjustable Street Coilovers that I got from Mark at http://www.ground-control-store.com/...hp/II=540/CA=8

Along with that install I included a Brake upgrade kit and
    DOT-approved Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses that i got from http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E30-brake-kits.html

Next was the audio install, z3 rack swap, and body work. More pics to come this afternoon...

And now for the audio install...

Headunit:Kenwood KDC-x896

Front Components: 6.5" JL Audio C3-650 Convertable Components

Rear Speakers: 5.25 Focal Coaxal Speakers.. No pics sorry..

Subwoofer: JL Audio 12W6v2-D4

Amp: JL Audio HD900/5

Comment

Well, that happen fast. Im digging those kick panels. :up:

COTM

Comment

Pictures after the install... As it sat.. suspension on the top setting.

Then came the z3 1.9 L rack and pinion swap. 2.7 turn ratio. Bought a OEM rack from a junkyard. Had it rebuilt by A.S.A.P in Houston. Came with a 3 yr/ 36,000 mile warranty!

While I was there I changed the spark plugs, timing belt, oil pan, distributor, distributor cap, ignition wires, and changed the oil.

Installed some Solid UHMW offset M3 control arm bushings that I got from http://www.condorspeedshop.com/produ...l-arm-bushings

Comment

Bought All red taillights from Blackout.

Comment

I like where this is going.

Comment

Paychecks well spent dude. Talk about custom sound...rad setup.
              » PARTS FOR SALE
              » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Looks fantastic, keep up the good work!

91 m42 ftw

Comment

Lowered the Ground control suspension all the way to the lowest setting and someone pulled the car out of the shop. This is what happened..

So I decided to take the car to my buddy Marty at http://www.pinnacleautobodyshop.com/ who does amazing work. I send all my customers to the guy. I am going to have him roll all the fenders. Possibly pull them all. Going to have ugly vert trunk lid pulled and iS coupe trunk lid installed and painted. Having the antenna hole filled in and painted and the chrome trim pulled and painted also. More pictures to come soon of body work.

Before I sent it to Pinnacle, I raised the suspension half way. While it was at the shop I installed a set of Euro Smileys. Here is a picture of how she sits pre-body shop..

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                    Paychecks well spent dude. Talk about custom sound...rad setup.
                    Originally posted by M42Stephen View Post
                    Looks fantastic, keep up the good work!
                    Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                    I like where this is going.
                    Thank you sir's.. And Thank's again Blackout for the taillights. They are the best I have looked at with my own eyes so far.

I have pics of some of the bodywork prep that I will post tonight..

Comment

Body work prep pics.

Antenna hole delete..

iS coupe trunk prep.

Comment

Awesome work. Sub level control location is pretty cool. You need IS side skirts.
                        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                          Awesome work. Sub level control location is pretty cool. You need IS side skirts.
                          Thank you. I have not looked into side skirts yet. I want the front iS lip and I want to sand and paint the front valance to remove the terrible bumps in the paint.

Comment

The bumps your referring to is the rock guard undercoating. You will have to go down to bare metal to remove it. IMO its good to have.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

93??
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Working...
                              X