1992 Alpine Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Alpine Cabrio

Hello everyone! Just purchased this BMW about a month ago. This is what it looked like when I bought it. Removed all the stickers and the hood bra the PO had on there ASAP

The next day took it out with the top down, but for some reason the rear boot does not lock nor does the power option work.

Then I ordered some new floor mats from bavauto, but afterwards I regretted the purchase seeing that oem ones are still available and only $20 more. In the same order I purchased black BMW plate frames and a front plate mount. I don't like the way the front plate looks on there, but police enforce it pretty tough out here. At that point I removed the HYE LIFE Euro plate.

Then I went ahead and ordered kopi euro grills and black kidney grills. I know a lot of people frown upon the black kidneys but I like them. Also ordered Euro bumper trim.

Today I took the day off and installed a redE46 skid plate and new black exhaust tips.

Last edited by bradthreee; 01-06-2014, 11:27 PM. Reason: Typos
    sigpic

My 92' Alpine White Cabrio

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302491

paint your rockers black, raise the rear and you've got a good looking cab :)
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

thats my car haha, i sold it about 2 months ago, looks way different now.

Comment

Holy shit. You are low in the back.

Feedback!
        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Thanks Julian! I'm thinking the same thing as well as painting the bottom strip of the rear valance.

Tapout I sent you a PM asking a few questions about the car.

Steven it's way too low. I was thinking of going with the Eibach pro kit that comes with springs and front/rear sway bars. Also was thinking of changing out the wheels, I have some 17" SSR professors that I'm redoing the faces on and was thinking it would look better with a bit more tire.

These are the springs currently on the car, they look mismatched and the rear seems to have been cut and heated.

These are the wheels
          sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, ya that rear is fucked. Time to get some other lowering springs

Comment

Originally posted by bradthreee View Post
              Steven it's way too low. These are the springs currently on the car, they look mismatched and the rear seems to have been cut and heated.
              Those are defiantly cut... Tiny ass springs. At any rate, if you sell those wheels pm me.

Feedback!
              Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
              Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

You've saved it.

Well done so far.
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Thanks for all the input Gentlemen!

Need some advice on which lowering springs to purchase. I've been doing some research, but I'm tossed between a few options. Either Eibach, H&R, or adjustable IE rears(just the rears...
                  Last edited by bradthreee; 01-05-2014, 11:02 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Also one more thing. Any idea what was screwed into these 4 holes on the side of my console?

sigpic

Comment

Clean car man, I need me an alpine cabrio!

Originally posted by bradthreee View Post
                      Also one more thing. Any idea what was screwed into these 4 holes on the side of my console?

Car phone maybe?

Comment

Looking good
                        1991 BMW E30 318IC Laguna Green/Tan

Comment

Holes are more than likely from a cup holder. Also, I love the lower white metal. I have the same on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                            paint your rockers black, raise the rear and you've got a good looking cab :)
                            sigpic

Comment

How did the exhaust pipes get crushed? And no muffler?

Like others said, with the rocker painted black and the rear end raised up a bit you'll have a nice looking cabrio.
                              '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Working...
                              X