Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 S50B32 Imola Rot Complete Restore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show more pics :)
    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Why you decide to change black to red colour?

Comment

Now I don't want to knock you because you evidently put a lot of needed TLC into a car that you consider to be your baby. But if you're going to go through the effort of such an elaborate tear down, color change, and rebuild, why would you not paint the engine bay red? I'm sorry to all, but I have always considered black engine bays to be poor taste when restoring a car (unless of cousre OEM is flat black). We get it, it's easy, it doesn't show scuffs and dirt and accumulated oil/coolant...etc, but this is an M3 for crying out loud! If you're going through all that time and effort, paint the engine bay too, please.

The other thing is going S52. I know that a lot of people here have a thirst for more power, certainly more than a S14 can provide. Trust me, I'm no better than the rest of us when it comes for more power. And I know you probably don't care (now) about the devaluation of your car without the S14, but nowadays with the dwindling summation of existing original E30 M3's, finding one without an S5X is rare, so I think that in the name of more power, you shortchanged yourself by removing the S14 from that chassis.

Overall, I appreciate the effort you put in, and love the color change. I think that red is always a classy color And if you did a lot of that bodywork yourself, then I give you kudos because that is a skill that not everyone can do, and you certainly did a good job from what I can see from the the photos that weren't blurry.

Good job, man!
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

curious as to how you got the intake manifold to fit

Comment

Originally posted by tobias View Post
            I used very small brakebooster from Citroen picasso :)

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
            Now I don't want to knock you because you evidently put a lot of needed TLC into a car that you consider to be your baby. But if you're going to go through the effort of such an elaborate tear down, color change, and rebuild, why would you not paint the engine bay red? I'm sorry to all, but I have always considered black engine bays to be poor taste when restoring a car (unless of cousre OEM is flat black). We get it, it's easy, it doesn't show scuffs and dirt and accumulated oil/coolant...etc, but this is an M3 for crying out loud! If you're going through all that time and effort, paint the engine bay too, please.

The other thing is going S52. I know that a lot of people here have a thirst for more power, certainly more than a S14 can provide. Trust me, I'm no better than the rest of us when it comes for more power. And I know you probably don't care (now) about the devaluation of your car without the S14, but nowadays with the dwindling summation of existing original E30 M3's, finding one without an S5X is rare, so I think that in the name of more power, you shortchanged yourself by removing the S14 from that chassis.

Overall, I appreciate the effort you put in, and love the color change. I think that red is always a classy color And if you did a lot of that bodywork yourself, then I give you kudos because that is a skill that not everyone can do, and you certainly did a good job from what I can see from the the photos that weren't blurry.

Good job, man!

The enginebay was painted! ;)

BUT IN FLAT BLACK!

Ps: New pics will come in next days

I have now new Seats, rollcage and some more!
            BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
            www.e30.is

Comment

Originally posted by tobias View Post
              I used very small brakebooster from Citroen picasso :)

New pics will come in next days.
              BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
              www.e30.is

Comment

Iceland don't bullshit when it comes to E30's! Well executed!
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
                X