My new 325is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new 325is!

Hey guys new to the forum. Just bought a 1988 325is yesterday!! I'm not new to BMWs but new to e30s.

It's currently at my friend's shop getting a once over as well as timing belt, new hoses, water pump etc. to get maintenance up to par. It's a one owner car which I was shocked to find!

Any advice would be appreciated...

My first change is definitely going to be getting some plastic bumpers on the car, can you point me in the right direction? Where is the best place to get these, are body kits or any aftermarket companies I see on ebay worth taking a look at?
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Originally posted by cmontym3 View Post
    It's currently at my friend's shop getting a once over
    seems like your gonna have to go over that a few more times than once to sort it all out.

What happened to the bumper surrounds?

Comment

Nice!

Post a WTB here on r3v and I'm sure something will pop up for plastic bumpers. Or better yet, if your area has a junk yard look there!
      sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
      1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
      1991 318is - Sold
      1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Hopefully you get some good feedback on plastic bumpers... i'm wondering the same thing.

i fought these..

But i'm not sure if these are the full bumpers!
        Originally posted by Ty13r
        if you scream while doing it you'll gain extra power. worth a try.

Comment

Check you local junkyards and craigslist for plastic bumpers. Someone might be parting one in your area. Since you have a 88 all you really need are the bumpers themselves with the bumper shocks, your valance is a late model one since your car is a 88.

GL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

i guess those are fine as long as you don't hit a squirrel, cat, snow bank, or well...anything for that matter.

you guys should be able to find a good set of plastic bumpers including brackets for 300 bucks in the for sale section here.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              i guess those are fine as long as you don't hit a squirrel, cat, snow bank, or well...anything for that matter.

you guys should be able to find a good set of plastic bumpers including brackets for 300 bucks in the for sale section here.

Not to self. No squirrels. got it :)
              Originally posted by Ty13r
              if you scream while doing it you'll gain extra power. worth a try.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I'll start checking the junk yards

Comment

I was in granger earlier in the year to visit family and happened upon a shop that had a whole yard full of BMW's, a few e30s were in the mix. I believe it was called Peterson Automotive, but I could be wrong about that.

Could be worth searching out, they might have parts you are looking for
                  I like cats.

Comment

Lucky man to find a one owner car in 2014! Keep your bumpers, just tuck them. I like diving boards.

Comment

Time to relish the curves.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Since I'm new to the e30 world, what are the first things you guys would do with your e30?

And please don't say maintenance, it's currently at my friends shop getting a check up & tune up.

What taillights are best, I hate yellow/orange on my cars. Should I go all smoked, all black, clear and red…?

Performance mods? Intake, exhaust, etc?

Bumpers….swap to plastic or do a nice tuck and paint?

Comment

Brake fluid, maybe pads, maybe Summer tires, then take it to the track!

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

I have a whole plastic bumper set if interested

87 BMW 325 is

Comment

Originally posted by cmontym3 View Post
                              Since I'm new to the e30 world, what are the first things you guys would do with your e30?

And please don't say maintenance, it's currently at my friends shop getting a check up & tune up.

What taillights are best, I hate yellow/orange on my cars. Should I go all smoked, all black, clear and red…?

Performance mods? Intake, exhaust, etc?

Bumpers….swap to plastic or do a nice tuck and paint?
                              My advice would be to do nothing for a month or 2. Youll save yourself some money once you get to know the ins and outs of the e30. That way you can gain some knowledge and learn what mods work and what you want exactly.
                              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X