No announcement yet.

I finally found a (mostly) running E30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow good job so far! Excited and anticipating more updates from you!

Instagram @prsvere88
    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmic Serpent View Post
      My My you have been doing some work, glad shes up and running and you bought her instead of me :P
      Thanks man, though I'm still jealous you got another one for cheaper than mine ;) Did you get any pics up?

Originally posted by JonTheHero22 View Post
      Great work Oats, and I'm loving all the picture updates. You're making real headway with this car. I can't wait to see the final product
      Thanks! My favorite threads on here are the ones with lots of pictures, so I'm just trying to replicate those and hope that people enjoy following my progress :D

Originally posted by Eufonik View Post
      wow good job so far! Excited and anticipating more updates from you!
      Thanks! I just paid rent, so I probably won't have too much to post for the next week or so. If I manage to find things I can work on without buying additional items, I'll document it :)

Work takes up a lot of my time, so all I've done since last update is try to get my stereo installed(think I'm having a grounding issue) and replace the slave cylinder that was spraying fluid every time I would hit the clutch.

I don't have any pictures of the process because it was a huge mess, but here's a shot of the old cylinder... The metal bit in the middle(no idea what it's called) came out with almost no effort.

Oh also, I borrowed a floor mat from my friend's Impreza since it fits pretty well and I don't have any yet.

Comment

Update(finally)!

I was somehow able to line up a day off of work with a day where it wasn't raining, and took care of my air intake boot, oil filter housing gasket/O-ring and a bit of cleaning.

Speaking of rain, after two days of hard storms I found this in the passenger's side rear floor

It was also under the rear seat...

The windows and sunroof all appear to be dry on the inside, and the floor pans were dry on the outside... Any good ideas as to where it came from? It's been rained on before without an issue, so this is the first time I've noticed a leak. I do recall the carpet was damp when I originally took it out, so it's apparently been going on since before I got the car.

On to more positive things...

My first box of new e30 parts! I expect to have many more of these in the future.

This was my initial idle/performance problem... Electrical tape worked like a champ until I could get the new one ordered!

Air intake removed... Looks like my engine bay cleaning day is going to be a long one.

Alternator off(pain in my butt). It looks like the housing has been leaking for ages Fortunately, the car is now in the hands of someone that actually cares about it.

Mounting plate removed, more crud.

Oil filter housing finally removed!

The O-ring was flat and very stiff... More than likely the source of my leak.

I thought now would be a good time to begin cleaning up some things... If I take something off of the car, it's not going back on until it's been cleaned or replaced :grin:

And done, with shined up bits! The hardest part about this was definitely getting to the housing, but even for a novice like myself I consider it an easy task.

One of the next things on the list is to take care of my power steering leak... It appears to be coming from one of the reservoir hoses, so hopefully a replacement is all I need. I've repaired two of the three leaks the car had when I first got it home, and once I take care of this one I finally get to clean the engine bay!

Also, is there any way to tell if these control arms have been replaced? They appear to be in better condition than everything else under here, so I was just curious.

Comment

What are you using to clean the parts you've taken off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This looks like it is being treated very well, I am liking your approach to things.
            View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Making some great progress! Your car looks like it's in very similar condition to mine when I bought it. Nice work! Also welcome to the addiction.
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Yeah man. Good commentary, good pics, good work.
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Oats View Post

Also, is there any way to tell if these control arms have been replaced? They appear to be in better condition than everything else under here, so I was just curious.

someone definitely was in there. Your car does not come with offset bushings
                  Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

Working...
                  X