I can't leave well enough alone/update on my 91 calypso vert thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't leave well enough alone/update on my 91 calypso vert thread

I picked up this 91 318ic last august. My original intent was to clean it up and keep it stock :roll:

I had decided that the bottle caps wheels needed to because they are ugly. I sourced a set of beat up basket weaves and refinished them.

I enjoyed it for a little white, however mesh wheels are the worst for cleaning

I decided after all that work it was time to revisit the wheels and get new ones. A little white later I came across these
    bbs rf

then browsing craigslist one day I came across another set, so I bought them too

This needed set needed a refurb, and Im taking my time with them so they aren't done yet. I did paint them bbs gold put polished center caps on with red bbs caps

I also bought a set of megan coils from steady garage, I just haven't had time to throw them on yet.

One thing that bothered me with the vert is the ugly rear brake light on top of the trunk.

I bought another trunk, it needed a little work but nothing crazy

fixed the damage and here it is in primer

After painting it, I sanded and buffed the trunk

and all done

That's about it for now, I don't plan on doing anything crazy with the car just little stuff here and there.
    Porsche 911

Damn you did a really nice job on that trunk. I need that kind of skill for my front panel. One day...Calypso looks good too.

Comment

You should look into some all red tails or some MHW type tinted tails. It's look great on the car.

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Sweet. Love my 91 318ic
        91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
        ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Wow! That trunk DID come out great! I need to do mine but I was thinking about sending it to a pro, now in no so sure. hmmm....

COTM

Comment

Love to see all the work that's gone into this. Also cool knowing my old center caps got new life on your refurb'd weaves!

Oh and m42 ftw :up:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Are you selling the other set if wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peter321 View Post
                Damn you did a really nice job on that trunk. I need that kind of skill for my front panel. One day...Calypso looks good too.
                Thanks!

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                Wow! That trunk DID come out great! I need to do mine but I was thinking about sending it to a pro, now in no so sure. hmmm....
                Thanks, its all in the prep work.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                Love to see all the work that's gone into this. Also cool knowing my old center caps got new life on your refurb'd weaves!

Oh and m42 ftw :up:
                They did, although once the new wheels go on I think I may end up selling the basketweaves

Originally posted by Leo1234 View Post
                Are you selling the other set if wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Not currently, probably at some point I will though

Got a Nardi wheel and slapped it on the car. I installed everything, although I need some sort of retainer ring to keep the horn button from flopping around. I should get that hopefully next week sometime.

I don't trust a 20+ year old airbag, plus its ugly.

waiting to be installed

and boom we're done...
                Porsche 911

Comment

Nothing big, but today I had some free time so I decided to paint my brake calipers
                  looking crusty

cleaned up

and painted

I ended up putting two medium coats on all rotors, no pics of all them because that's boring and you get the idea.

I also slapped on the euro grills today. I need to get some smileys
                  Porsche 911

Comment

Love the wheel!
                    '90 Alpine White M3
                    OEM Hella Smoked Euro Smileys | OEM Headlamp Washers | Startec Tail Lights |
                    EVO III Undertray | EVO III Front Lip | '92 DTM CF Gurney Flap | Recaro N'Joys |
                    Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras

DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5

Comment

Thanks, it gives the car a much nicer feel when driving. Also responded to your message.
                      Porsche 911

Comment

Working...
                      X