X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by Julien View Post
    Basically you chop off the top of an e30 strut right below the threads and weld it to the bottom of an e36 strut housing. This allows you to use an e30 strut insert into an e36 housing for the 5 lug
    Thanks man. :up:

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
    I remember reading about that, some guy had to grind down a 22 I think to get it to fit. And yea I meant M3.

If I have E36 M3 spindles control arms and brakes, what else am I missing? And what would be the easiest and most cost effect version of 5 lug swap with these parts? I've read so many different versions of it I'm not really sure which is which

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• HennaE30
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    E30 strut mounts are direct fit.

The only "issue" is if you're using an original mount it will be hard to fit a socket in there for the nut. The new replacement strut mounts (Sachs/Boge) have a larger hole so no issues.

As long as it's an E36 M3 strut, yes. We've done E30 springs in a few E36 5 lug cars now.

I remember reading about that, some guy had to grind down a 22 I think to get it to fit. And yea I meant M3.

If I have E36 M3 spindles control arms and brakes, what else am I missing? And what would be the easiest and most cost effect version of 5 lug swap with these parts? I've read so many different versions of it I'm not really sure which is which

Leave a comment:

• diegom6
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post

The only "issue" is if you're using an original mount it will be hard to fit a socket in there for the nut. The new replacement strut mounts (Sachs/Boge) have a larger hole so no issues.

As long as it's an E36 M3 strut, yes. We've done E30 springs in a few E36 5 lug cars now.

Guess one of my problems was using a non M e36 strut/front suspension when I did mine.

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    e36 uses different bolt pattern on the strut bearings and for some reason I thought e30 strut bearings don't fit on e36 struts, but i'm not 100%. I know you can also redrill the bolt pattern of your strut bearing to match the e30.

I was reading and saw that E30s and E36s spring perches are the same diameter, so you can use the E30 springs in an E36 strut, in an E30 lol.

Leave a comment:

• HennaE30
    replied
    e36 uses different bolt pattern on the strut bearings and for some reason I thought e30 strut bearings don't fit on e36 struts, but i'm not 100%. I know you can also redrill the bolt pattern of your strut bearing to match the e30.

I was reading and saw that E30s and E36s spring perches are the same diameter, so you can use the E30 springs in an E36 strut, in an E30 lol.

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    You should be able to use entire E36 front end (not including subframe) iirc, there are so many ways to do a 5 lug.

Leave a comment:

• HennaE30
    replied
    You should be able to use entire E36 front end (not including subframe) iirc, there are so many ways to do a 5 lug.

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Any bites on selling it? Figured you had it priced right and would be sold by now.
    Yeah, beats me. I'm just going to hang on to it.

lol I know, I'm going to do 5 lug, just wondering about tire sizes

215/40/17 should fit without a fender roll (although I already have one)

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
    Nice and clean car!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Making good on keeping another e30 on the road. Btw, I'm a little intrigued on the strut tube hybrid mod., what's up with it, any info?
    Basically you chop off the top of an e30 strut right below the threads and weld it to the bottom of an e36 strut housing. This allows you to use an e30 strut insert into an e36 housing for the 5 lug swap.

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
    What a change! The "before" photo and now is a WORLD of difference. Great outcome.

How do you like the new suspension? I never could make mine work like I wanted, even trying pretty much the 99% of all the known mods to make it go decent in term os handling.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my suspension setup. it's lower than bilstein/bavauto and way more comfortable. the UUC control arm bushings work magic (i'm at 7+ degrees caster, 2.5" negative caster up front)

Thanks y'all :)

Leave a comment:

• diegom6
    replied
    What a change! The "before" photo and now is a WORLD of difference. Great outcome.

How do you like the new suspension? I never could make mine work like I wanted, even trying pretty much the 99% of all the known mods to make it go decent in term os handling.

Leave a comment:

• tyouphoto
    replied
    Nice build! Definitely a noob questions but was it pretty difficult finding the plastic front and rear bumpers?

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Making good on keeping another e30 on the road. Btw, I'm a little intrigued on the strut tube hybrid mod., what's up with it, any info?

Leave a comment:

• kalib0y
    replied
    Nice and clean car!

Leave a comment:

• HennaE30
    replied
    I mean, you have to be running e36 m3 5 lug ;)

lol I know, I'm going to do 5 lug, just wondering about tire sizes

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    Any bites on selling it? Figured you had it priced right and would be sold by now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X