No announcement yet.

M30b34 E30 twin-screw supercharged muscle car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks bro, I'll take it. Just send it next-month-air-via-swanny. He's gonna be down here pretty soon. There was also mention of an eta bottom end…
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
      Thanks bro, I'll take it. Just send it next-month-air-via-swanny. He's gonna be down here pretty soon. There was also mention of an eta bottom end…
      Absolutely. But you have to take the top end too. The good with the bad, and all that...

Comment

I'll take it all. It's just more shit to play with for me. I ain't never took apart no eta.
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Dude, Andy.B, I can't thank you and Swanny enough for your generosity. We're gonna be BFF's now.

Forever…
          Last edited by Ether-D; 02-27-2015, 04:43 PM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey guys! Yeah, I haven't done anything. I've actually done so little I feel like Slammin'.
            Well I guess I'd have to have been doing a lot more talking and also not doing anything to the car to feel like Slammin'.

Shame me into working on this thing!
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

meh.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

My driveshaft shows up on Tuesday. After that it's just welding the downpipe to the cat, and charging up the battery to get my m30 swap rolling. And I started my swap after you.

Go get a move on! It's going to be summer before you know it.

Comment

Not to mention that it's probably colder INSIDE my garage WITH heaters running than it is outside where you live! You've got no excuse!

BTW, I'm still waiting for my half of the BFF's necklace. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
                    Not to mention that it's probably colder INSIDE my garage WITH heaters running than it is outside where you live! You've got no excuse!

BTW, I'm still waiting for my half of the BFF's necklace. ;)
                    Idk man, it's been crazy cold here as of late. It sleeted 2" with a layer of freezing rain on top and that shit stayed for over a week. That's full on unheard-of here. That's certainly not my excuse, my excuse is lack of motivation because of excess self medication this winter (because of not working on car). Ciiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiife.

And you'll get your necklace when this motor runs and doesn't knock… Speaking of which, was it a good running solid motor when you pulled it? I just want to know if I should give her a full on rebuild (bearings) or just a re-gasketing before I do the switcharoo. I think the rings and cylinders look marvelous. The crosshatching in there looks as defined and perfect as I've ever seen. I also pulled one of the main bearings and it looked just fine as well.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    I was born on 3/25…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't think I ever heard that engine run. It was form a car my brother obtained and parted out due to severe rust issues, bu as far as I recall he drove the car home, and I knew he considered it worth hanging onto (until he got rid of his e30). I would be confident enough in it to throw it in and fire it up (particularly being an eta and all), especially if you checked a main and it looked good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                        Shame me into working on this thing!
                        It HAS been ridiculously and unusually cold here this year, with the sole exception of the first weekend in February when the stars aligned, at least for me...

[shaming]
                        Hayes will be taking an E30 to the Brodeo and you will not, unless you get off your ass and get to work.
                        [/shaming]
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Mmmk. I'll get after something. Wether it be the 335s or the 327s. Something will go to Le Brodeo.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It's decided. It'll be the 327s going to Le Brodeo.

Now, should this thing be called a 335s or a 335ss? I figure going with the muscle car thing, "ss" could be funny/cool. Though, it being a German car, is "SS" offensive because of the whole Hitler thing?
                            I got custom "335" emblem from this thread. I just ordered a "335" and an "s", but I could get another s from him.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

If you do use the SS, most people will think its a muscle car thing. Use whatever you want.
                              IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Kompressor
                                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                                X