Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeenyus
    replied
    It was about time to get my front bumper conversion completed. I decided to paint the bumper. Did it in my backyard so it could have been better based on that alone, but all in all turned out great I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Oh, here is what the injector harness side looked like I finished it. Much cleaner.

Last edited by jeenyus; 06-13-2019, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I decided that since I had the time I would make a Deutsch DT connector for my C191. It was a pretty easy job, but I did make some mistakes that we're easily corrected. Turned the car on last night and it fires right up and sounds healthy af. Happy I don't have to wonder about this plug any longer. I will mention that I did check continuity on the old plug connector and it seems I had full continuity, but electricity is weird and although that may be the case there was no way for me to stress test the old connector. I'd recommend this to anyone thinking about doing it. I actually might just do all my connectors at this point since they look and perform so much better.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I believe the water pump failed last night. Took it to the dealer last night around midnight. I guess this is normal. 70k on the clock, like it just turned over to 70k and the water pump died.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Went to a car show over the weekend and saw a lot of cool cars. You guys are my only form of social media so I am sharing.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Here is a better view of the cleaned up wires.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Cleaned up the wiring for my blinkers. I originally just set it all up to make sure I could get it to work and it was a mess. Now it's much cleaner and easier to disconnect.

Before and after:

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I'm still waiting for more than a three sentence response from Miller Performance or really anything that's useful. There is no nice way to say they have essentially zero customer service or support.

That being said, I've taken the chance to do some things. I waiting on a DT Crimper to put in a DT Connector in place of the C191 and depending, the O2 sensor connection as well. I also ordered some weatherpak connectors for blinkers and city lights and probably anything else.

I'm planning on putting some UV dye in the engine to see if I can pinpoint the oil leak referenced above. That leak could be a cause for air/fuel being off.

I will post pictures of the C191 process. The information is out there, but it could be better documented.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    Sssquid did the tuning for my swapped E30 and it runs perfectly with his tune. He will help you out if you don't understand something and he will make sure you are satisfied with you purchase.
    Dang where was this information before I committed? I'm honestly going to have to go MSPNP I think. Just feels like I've wasted 400$. Hopefully I can sell it for 300$ somewhere and regain some of the loss to jump ship without too much stress on the wallet. Thank God I have another car to drive.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Sssquid did the tuning for my swapped E30 and it runs perfectly with his tune. He will help you out if you don't understand something and he will make sure you are satisfied with you purchase.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    Miller's MAF conversion is not a true conversion. Scroll down this page and read. https://www.sssquid.com/v3/faq/

Originally posted by SSSquid tuning View Post
    But what about the Miller MAF Conversion?
    That’s not a true MAF conversion, and is just a stock MAF with a convenient connection butt, but has no hardware or software for any conversion of MAF signal into something that the ECU is expecting to see. Using this item, especially with the included tune, artificially changes many integral control thresholds that can be quite dangerous for your vehicle. We deal with multiple vehicles a year that have failed from the MillerMAF and/or WAR chip. Thus, we must recommend against using these particular items
    Then check out his working project.

Pre-release kits now available here: https://sssquid.com/v3/ssshop/pre-release-maf-conversion-kit/ FAQ Do you have a MAF Conversion Kit? Yes, these are now available publicly! Does it work? Yes, perfectly. Can I use it with the stock tune or am I required to buy a SSSQUID tune? You can absolutely use it with the stock tune. In fact, you can […]

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    So I've reached out the Miller Performance and honestly, they fuckin' suck.

It must just be Brody running the show over there doing literally everything and nothing at the same time. No support to help. You call and you get a voicemail or a message to email them. If you email them you get zero response (they claim 48hrs). I've left voicemails and received nothing. The trouble shooting document on their website actually says to call them if 'x' happens (which it did for me). I called them and it says to email them... I get Brody responding to me and he gives me zero helpful information and just questions my email with literally nothing productive or useful being contributed.

I'm pretty positive that my MAF is the issue here (it appears to not be sending the proper message to my ECU due to low voltage per their specs on the trouble shooting page), but Miller doesn't sell them individually and they don't assist you if you have questions.

Part of me thinks they are going out of business or something, so they are dodging their customers. They are happy to sell you their product, but that's going to be the last time you ever hear from them.

I know this is simply a rant, but i'm super irritated at their lack of customer support. I'd like to keep the MAF and avoid going backwards in the journey and that would mean either getting the MAF fixed, or cutting my loses and moving up to MSPNP.

I'd say that if anyone is reading this and you're slightly interested in Miller Performance, stay away until you hear they get their shit together.

I would like to ask though, does anyone know if there are equivalent MAF sensors I can purchase that will pair with the MAF stuff? Are they universal?

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I've been dealing with the E30 acting up. Maybe it's the weather change. I changed my plugs and they are running lean. Car acts like it's running lean and I get hiccups at idle and during acceleration. Acceleration it almost feels like something is holding the car, like running against a rubber band or something.

I've done some testing in my Miller MAF and based on their troubleshooting I should be getting 1v or .1v between pin 4 & 2. I'm currently getting .01v and it's on and off when plugged into the multimeter. Miller Performance has provably the worst customer service response times ever and telephone number tells you to email them. Vicious circle. I checked all my connections, it's all good except the voltage between pin 4 and 2.

Below is my spark plug picture. Looks like detonation honestly.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    yeah, I wasn't kidding lol.

A few years ago I busted my ass over a couple weekends, deciding I'd fix a bunch of leaks. After all that work, it still fucking leaks. I should have just left it alone. :p

also, the only parts of my '88 parts car that weren't completely rusted away were covered in oil from the leaking engine.. soo..

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    I have never heard of a minor head gasket leak causing a vacuum issue.
    I'm hoping it's not the head gasket. I guess I gotta check the passenger side then right? I mean it does have oil on it, but I just assume that's from the valve cover leaking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X