The Delphin - 2 years in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Delphin - 2 years in.

I had a few other threads here an there but I figured it was time to take a few pics and post them all in one place. I've done a lot with the car in the 2 years I've had it, but I've still got some work to to.

Here is the original for sale thread for when I bought it. Its come a long way.

I met the seller locally and the next day I had myself a decent 325es with euro bumpers.

Before I get to the pics, here's what I've gotten done.

Engine/Exhaust-
    2.7i conversion using a Bimmerheads 885 performance ported and polished cylinder head with 274 cam. Running mototronic 1.3 with 173dme, m50 injectors, and sssquid 2.7 software.
    Stainless headers straight back to a magnaflow 1-2 muffler.
    Overall the engine performs great and sounds mean.

Driveline-
    I originally swapped in a 3.23LSD from an MZ3, but after converting to 2.7i I swapped in a 3.73LSD to match up to the new powerband and rev limit.
    A Z3 1.9 shift lever was swapped in as well. Every e30 I own from now on will get this lever.

BODY-
    I scored bigtime being able to pick up a car that already had the euro bumper conversion and a Hartge front valance. The battery tray was rotted out so I had a new one fabed up. Not happy with the look of the rear euro bumper with no valance, I purchased a brand new mtech1 rear valance and then customized in by filling in the rear ridges. To finish off the rear I added a genuine e30 specific mtech 1 spoiler. Already had euro grills.

Suspension-
    The car already came with a GC coilover conversion. I threw in some new bilstein sports in the rears, and then cut the front spring perches to get more adjustment out of them.

Wheels/tires
    -
    I ended up selling off the 16x7 Remember's that the car came with and put on a set of staggered 16" ESM with 205/45/16 SDrives all around. I've thought about going with something more period correct (Hartge, alpina, ronal LS) and raising up the car a bit. I'm not totally sure yet.

Needs-
    Dash cracked. Sunroof headliner. Minor body adjustments. Tail lights are not all that great. Drivers seat redye and bolster repair. I'd like to get an exchange cluster from Guten with 7k tach and red needles. Boost? I've mocked up several different side skirts and did not like any of them.

All compliments and criticisms welcome. On to the pics.

Last edited by red325ix; 08-09-2014, 12:35 PM.

Look pretty sweet the way it is. I would got full mtech 1 thought since the rear is already on.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
      Look pretty sweet the way it is. I would got full mtech 1 thought since the rear is already on.
      I've considered it, but I really like the way that the Hartge front looks.

Comment

why did you choose shorter gears when you added power?

Comment

Originally posted by hokejka View Post
          why did you choose shorter gears when you added power?
          It's easier to keep the car in the power. 3.5k+. The difference was night and day after I made the swap to 3.73lsd.

Comment

I really like what you did to the rear apron. What did you use to fill the stripes?

Comment

Originally posted by nyChris View Post
              I really like what you did to the rear apron. What did you use to fill the stripes?
              I'm not sure I had a shop do it, but probably body filler with some type of flex additive I would think.

Comment

I want your wheels so bad

Comment

Wow this is gorgeous. I love it ;D

Comment

Knees weak...I love it.
                    1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                    1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                    1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                    E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Thanks guys I'm quite happy with how it's turning out

Comment

Very nice! Any reason you went with 205/45's instead of 205/50's?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Im digging the whole car. Great touch of painted euro bumpers too.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            Very nice! Any reason you went with 205/45's instead of 205/50's?
                            They are 16x8 and 16x9 and I'm quite low. It is generally the recommended size for 16x8 on these cars and bit of a stretch for 16x9. I could have went with 215/40/16 in the rear but I had easy access to these tires and they will let me run a 5mm-10mm spacer out back which I think I'll do.

I had 205/50 on my 16x7 and they fit well.

Comment

Pull off the faded chrome trim around the wind shields, they look in terrible condition.

Looks nice, but I think a pair of highly polished chrome bumpers would make it look perfect.
                              Last edited by goarmy; 08-10-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X