the other wheels ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uofom3
    dude when you want to sell those let me know... super, super hot... i'm also assuming they are e30 m3 5x120.. sweet shots
    damn might have to see how those would look on lachsilber!!
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
      Were they painted when they were black? I hear its not good for the magnesium centers to be any color than what they came in. Due to the fact hat they can corrode. I have no idea how negligible or not this is, though. LOVELY wheels, man. I would get a set of these in a second if I could find some in my offset and in 17" for the ///M

Mariano
      The black was a thick powder coat, which isn't the best for magnesium. It isn't necessarily bad for the metal itself, but a thick powder coat can allow for wheel cracks to go undetected. Pure magnesium is succeptable to corroding, but I don't believe there is a pure magnesium wheel on the market. Almost all forms of structural magnesium material is an alloy with other metals, such as aluminum.

Funny thing is that the centers are for BOTH 16" and 17" wheel barrels. Kinda weird...
      San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        Those would fit your car just fine Mariano. They are just 16".
        I know they would. but if I was gonna spend what GTs cost. Im gonna get bigger than the rims I already have. :)

Originally posted by BimmerToad

Funny thing is that the centers are for BOTH 16" and 17" wheel barrels. Kinda weird...
        Well, same is true for RS's. Only the lip is different. True story.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
        X