Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some new things part 2. (Rieger, Racing Dynamics, OEM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some new things part 2. (Rieger, Racing Dynamics, OEM)

I mentioned in previous posts that things would be changing. Well here are the latest:

Painted the sideskirts, mirrors, and Rieger lip (Group Buy) all my self:

Its pretty easy, all you need is: (last can on right is color matched to your choice)

Click me

Some people hated the old wheels, so did I. So I bought these Racing Dynamics that were in the for sale section and had them re-finished.:

My buddy helping top off the clean Mobil One

I focused on power and handling before looks.
    A car must go fast before it looks fast.
    Car will eventully go in for new paint/bodywork

I have turned every wrench on this car.

What do you guys think?

well, you get thumbs up from me.

like the RD wheels and skirts.

also get props for DIY work. Awesome. Satisfaction earned from doing something yourself often goes beyond measure.

Cheers ! :up: :up: :up:

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I for one, love it

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Adam, it's looking better than ever... great job.. props to you
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Great pics! The RD wheeels looks great, I think you snatched them up right before I was going to, you got them from Ryan, right? Are you going to get new RD logos for the centers?

Comment

Nice.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
            You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Good job Adam. Looks good. Im about to mount my Rieger lip as well. Keeping it black though. The wheels definately set the car off. :up:

Comment

Im deffinatly a fan. I like the body mods, wheels and motor. Cant say I would have gone with those seats but its your car. You deffinatly score cool points for doin all the work yourself. Very nice man.

Comment

hey dude, your car is awesome!!!!!!! On top of your upcoming mods, do you see an RD rear valence in the near future? i think it would make your car even more sexier

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                    Great pics! The RD wheeels looks great, I think you snatched them up right before I was going to, you got them from Ryan, right? Are you going to get new RD logos for the centers?
                    I bought them from paul in salt lake city. Wheels were in pretty rough shape, but having them refinished really turned them around.
                    I have looked for RD emblems and have had trouble finding them. Possibly BMW logos?? Not quite shure yet.

I have a Breyton Rear apron that is ready to go on. Just couldnt get the stubborn torx bolts for my rear bumper loose. F-in bastards, any tricks??? tips??

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it!
                    The car is finally looking the way I wanted it to. years later...

I will have to get some interior pics up soon. That has been changed previously from tan to black and a few audio and video goodies!

Comment

those RDs are just perfect on your car

:up:

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                      1997 E36 328iT
                      1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                      1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

FUCK those RD's are hot. Adam, if you ever sell them - they better be to me :)

17's or 16's?

To solve your bumper problem - look up underneath the rear valance. There are 4 13mm nuts holding the rear bumper shocks on. Take them off, and remove the bumper with the shocks still attached. Way easier.

Gonna have to see that beast in person - nice work.

PS - I have a set of wheels coming that need refinishing - where'd you get them done, and for how much?

Comment

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
                          I have a Breyton Rear apron that is ready to go on. Just couldnt get the stubborn torx bolts for my rear bumper loose. F-in bastards, any tricks??? tips??
                          PB Blaster. Just about any hardware store should cary it. Spray liberally on the bolts, and leave it overnight. The next morning, they should spin right out.

Comment

Very clean my friend, very clean! Props to ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                              FUCK those RD's are hot. Adam, if you ever sell them - they better be to me :)

17's or 16's?

To solve your bumper problem - look up underneath the rear valance. There are 4 13mm nuts holding the rear bumper shocks on. Take them off, and remove the bumper with the shocks still attached. Way easier.

Gonna have to see that beast in person - nice work.

PS - I have a set of wheels coming that need refinishing - where'd you get them done, and for how much?
                              I had them refinished in nashua, NH. I have to look up the number, but done by a company by the name of Nashua custom chrome I think.
                              He was a vendor for when I worked at my old job. Hooked me up on a deal but if very reasonable. Charges anywhere from $70-120 roughly per wheel.

I have tried PB blaster, sat for several days. Broke a torx bit with a breaker bar/impact.

Going to have to go up from under the valance.
                              I thought the bumper shocks attached to body in the trunk near the tailights. ??? welded in??

Thanks for the comments guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X