85 eta back to life (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 eta back to life (lots of pics)

been close to a year since I started this. Poor thing had lead a hard life, first in the detroit suburbs with some terrible ground effects, then bought by a dude no too far from there, passed to his kid as his first car. I got it after that. It had already got it's 2nd engine and trans, which was already trash. needless to say this was a huge undertaking, more than I expected by all means. I did rings, bearings, rebuilt head, waterpump, timing belt, trans and bushings, radiator, fanclutch, suspension bushings throughout, really anything that moves was replaced with new or used good parts. the body needs some love still, but is running like new, silent operation. It's so nice to hear nothing. anyways, pics:

And just for fun, this is what it looked like when I brought it home :)

I wish I had taken more pics, I might have lost them last reformat

phew!
    Last edited by turnofftheradio; 05-04-2006, 08:12 AM.

nice prelude

Comment

looked kinda nice with all red tails and painted diving board...

good work though!
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Glad to see another e30 having a 2nd chance at life.

Comment

whoa, holy rats nest of wires batman.

good job on the restore.

Comment

Originally posted by 325is_e30
            nice prelude
            thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383
              looked kinda nice with all red tails and painted diving board...

good work though!
              in person, they looked much worse than the pics can show. I like the chrome on this one.

Comment

With $3+ gas, etas dont look as bad anymore - and yours looks much better than when you brought it home.

Keep it up!
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

what kind of rims are those?

Originally posted by DaveCN
                  Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

they were bbs, but they were bent soooo bad and cracked, all 4. I guess one had busted off the spacer and then run over by the car. Too bad really, they looked ok but required spacers.

Comment

With $3+ gas, etas dont look as bad anymore - and yours looks much better than when you brought it home.

Keep it up!
                      agreed. during break in, I'm averaging 28. It only gets better. Funny a 6 cyl gets better mileage than the prelude 4cyl.

I feel for the guy that got my bronco. 33gal tank, 14 mpg. last I heard he had a scooter. I'm taking the bmw back to him this weekend to rub it in. :D

he was a member here a long time ago. backlife i think was his name.

Comment

Nice! Hahaah my last e30 had a life like yours until i got it.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by turnofftheradio
                          I feel for the guy that got my bronco. 33gal tank, 14 mpg. last I heard he had a scooter. I'm taking the bmw back to him this weekend to rub it in. :D

he was a member here a long time ago. backlife i think was his name.

"backlife" - wasn;t he the guy who was going to paint his car with rattle cans????
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

"backlife" - wasn;t he the guy who was going to paint his car with rattle cans????

good memory! he did a lot of substandard work, not to knock him or anything, he is a nice guy, just a poor mechanic/painter/driver :)

Comment

Working...
                            X