X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 BMW E30 316, 41,000 Miles, Scotland

Hi All, Hope we are well.

Greetings from across the pond in Scotland

Back in the E30 fold after many years and found this fabulous community through watching the amazing E30 Documentary "Respect Your Elders".

I wanted a Mint low mileage fsh E30 to use sparingly on nice dry summer days and take to a few local classic car shows in the summer months.

I have found an utterly Mint Zinnobar Red 1987 E reg 316 Auto 4 door with zero spec - it has no sunroof, wheeltrims as opposed to alloys, it has manual windows, no foglights, never even had a radio fitted so no aerial on the bodywork or speakers inside. Its as pure as they come with only options specced new bering the auto box and power steering. The 316 im not sure you guys got, its the 1800cc M10 Carb fed engine carried over from the E21...again im not sure you guys got that unit in the E21 either but im probably mistaken, I think the smallest E30 you guys got was the 318i? This car (1987) was the last year you could get the M10.

It has a genuine 41,000 miles on the clock and is like new inside. Dealer mats from new, with original keyrings, rear sticker, original plates, original window stickers on the front screen, original tax disc holder. It has the original bookpack with all original business cards, original handbook, service book, warranty book etc etc - absolutely every pirce of paper from new and has been in 25 times to the supplying BMW dealer for servicing - its as complete and nice as they come. Ill be popping it into our local BMW dealer for servicing to keep it right. Its tucked up in my garage in its air chamber with its cosy cover on.

Please find some pictures below (the "Old Colonel Cars" on the plates is a classic BMW dealership here in the UK where I purchased the car from:

Last edited by RustyRuss; 10-18-2014, 02:49 PM.
    sigpic
    Russell A Macfarlane (30)
    Dalgety Bay, Scotland
    1987 BMW E30 316 4 Door Zinnobar Red

Wow! Awesome little time capsule!
    sigpic
    89 4door S50 - The White Dog
    87 325i Vert
    Custom T-Shirts and More
    Check us out at ColorCreek.com

Comment

Thanks very much DaRoach, much appreciated indeed :-) Im delighted with the little thing, it really feels like stepping back to the 80s :-) Your 325i and 318i both sound lovely :-)
      sigpic
      Dalgety Bay, Scotland

Comment

Are you sure the pictures were not taken in the late 80's? Very nice indeed. Cheers!

Comment

Hehe thanks Pala, I know its hard to credit the cars age. Its been pampered from day 1 that's for sure. Much appreciated :-) Hope you are well.
          sigpic
          Dalgety Bay, Scotland

Comment

Very sharp. Continue the good care it has been kept with.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Thanks very much time machine, much appreciated indeed. I certainly shall do - it will be pampered under my care also - its a long term one this for me - will only be used on nice dry days and be getting kept 100% standard as BMW intended (im a standard fan myself as opposed to modified). Hope you are well. Kind Regards, Russell.
              sigpic
              Dalgety Bay, Scotland

Comment

Someone call BMW and let them know we found that missing museum piece.
                sigpic

Comment

Hehe thanks Pilot, much appreciated indeed...its certainly clean enough :-) Seems to have had a very sheltered life indeed!! Hope you are well. Kind Regards, Russell.
                  sigpic
                  Dalgety Bay, Scotland

Comment

Beautiful car man. And Scotland FTW! Most my family comes from there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey Danny, thanks very much mate - much appreciated indeed :-) Aw excellent, do you know what part of Scotland they come from? Kind Regards, Russell.
                      sigpic
                      Dalgety Bay, Scotland

Comment

Awesome find.

Wow, they even buttered the spare tire... I wonder how greasy the engine bay is, any pics?

Comment

Wow thats awesome. And I have some close family friends in Scotland! They live up in Dundee and my dad and I visit them every two years or so.

Comment

Looks brand new
                            1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                            2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                            2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Thanks all, much appreciated indeed :-) Henryki, that's only about 30 minutes from where I live - be sure to swing in for a cuppa next time your over and you can get a look at the car :-)

Navarone, I have updated the pictures above with under bonnet shots :-)

Kind Regards

Russell.
                              sigpic
                              Dalgety Bay, Scotland

Comment

Working...
                              X