Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designers Europe Bmw E30 Diamondschwarz ''Gentleman's racer''

Hi guys,

Figured it was time for a project page of my car. Gentleman's racer is just a name that popped up in my head a long time ago. I can't exactly explain what I mean with this but hope you guys will figure it out further on in my project.

I picked up a very basic BMW e30 a while ago

Apart from the yellow foil on the headlights and some lowering the car is bone stock. No aircon, No electric mirrors, No sunroof etc. only central locking doors.

Yes I bought it rather ugly, but on the upside the 1.6 engine runs smooth and the body is in ok condition for it's age, all rust has been treated which was important for me.

I was offert a vert with m20 swap so I picked that car up to use for parts and sell the rest.

Mauritius blue vert, originally a 318i but was swapped to a 2.5 at one point in it's live.

It all begins here

M20

15'' BBS Euro Weaves in good condition

The idea was to remove the wheels the m20 swap and the rear subframe and components to refurbish them and bolt everything on the coupe.

Started work on the vert

Ready to remove

And so it went

Started sandblasting some parts, need to do a hell of a lot more.. don't mind the other stuff..

Box with many thing.

It was sad to see the vert like this but the rust was beyond repairable

Bought a bold in roll-cage for the coupe, guy I got it from thought it would be nice to paint it white with a brush..

after a lot of sanding..

Rear in

New stickers to finish it off

Swapped the wheels and fitted oem headlights..

Removed the rear subframe from the vert.. sold the chassis to a yard owner.

Italian mim wheels fitted with used r888

Followed the diy smoked hella's, pretty good result but used grey silicone instead of black so need to redo them at one point or fit real one's. I do have a set real one's but would like to start a vert project later on and fit those on the vert.

Found KW v1s for the front, always liked KW so was very excited to pick these up. Still need to figure out the rear though.

Bought new tires, but won't fit them until summer specs are r1r 205 50 15

I was running out of space so needed something bigger, a friend of mine had the same issue so we are now renting a piece of a barn. Access to 2 bridges, welders, and a lot of industrial machinery which is always nice!

Throwing everything in the back of a van

Porsche owner didn't like the feeling that 2 young guys were working on their cars around his car so he left haha.

Our space, all smiles! :)

Been in love with this interior called ''uberkaro'' for years but it is pretty hard to find around here and when it pops up folks usually charge around 750$ for just the front and rear seats..

Amazingly found a set in pretty good condition for age for a good deal!

Went on a bit on the exterior and bought the biggest spoiler from the 90s zender made.. guy I bought it from stored it for years in his attic and forgot about it. I have been searching this spoiler for ages so I was thrilled to get it painted and do fitting.

Zender evo wing for non m3

Sanding...

More sanding..

Paint! ;D

Finished!

Pleased with the end result!

Another thing that I was looking for was a Tech 2 wheel 370mm. Felt it once when I visited another E30 enthousiast who had one, 15mm difference per side but I really could feel the difference and this makes it just the perfect wheel size and I personally really like the look.

It really is beginning to feel special for me in the car. Still has the 1.6 fitted so it's kinda stupid now with the spoiler and cage which make it only slower.. but still driving it makes me feel happy.

Because the car is so slow I thought it would be fun to do a lap on the Nurburgring to compare it in the future. So I left home with a friend on Saturday night and booked a hotel.

Unfortunately there was heavy fog on the track on Sunday so it was closed all day long..:???: Thats life.

Freezing my ass of in the car waiting to have a go.

Not gonna happen

Drove home quite disappointed.. shit just happens

So I started looking at the M20..

Dirty M20!

Some Fall 2014 pics

Hope you guys like it!

Follow me on instagram @designerseurope
    Last edited by 70ccrossi; 01-04-2015, 01:57 AM.

BMW Parts Shipped Worldwide

Like it? Love it! Beautiful car!

I thought it would be fun to do a lap on the Nurburgring to compare it in the future
    I wish I could casually go off to the Nurburgring!
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Comment

Nice! love that interior!
      Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
      1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

that interior is awesome. I wish it would pop up in the states
        1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
        1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

I'm in love. I want to turn my four door into a true daily/track car one day. With a DS respray, bolt in cage, and Euroweaves.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

that VERT!
            i would of much rather watched that rot away in a garage than become a soda can at a scrap yard.

nice coupe, its coming along very nicely.
            that older fellows porsche tho! gorgeous.

Comment

Amazing car. I love my Zender wing as well. She came on my 320i which i suspect is from the motherland

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
              X