HVAC bulbs wiring help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVAC bulbs wiring help!

So today I was putting in a euro clock, ignition switch and painting needles to my cluster red. So I pretty much had the dash torn apart. Before I started, with the light switch in park position,s all of my HVAC lights, cluster back lights, 6 button OBC, hazard light, and defogger light were working. Then I took out my hvac panel, my cluster, replaced ignition switch, and installed euro clock non of those lights work nor the radio. For the pigtail on the euro clock I used the door chime plug and just left the wires ziptied together. I checked the back of the cluster and everything was plugged in right, I checked all the plugs to the defogger and hazards, EVERYTHING! All the illumination lights come out of terminal 58k and 58k is on the headlight dimmer switch. Ground G200 is solid, idk what else to do. Connector C103 seems just fine. The headlight dimmer switch worked just fine before any of these were installed so I believe it's something else! What else should I do/check. I've been digging through the bentley and can't come up with anything.
    Last edited by Zreberlcoe; 01-10-2015, 08:50 PM.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

i believe the headlight switch is the culprit. i dont know how it could break so quickly when it previously worked.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

But with the battery fully charged, the car wont start, you can't even hear the solenoid click to the starter.
      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

ign switch?

put your old igntion switch back in and see if things start working again (what was wrong that made you change it anyway?) where did you get the new ign swtich? lots o Chinese junk out there....that just dont work or are wired incorrectly inside

did you check fuses? esp #23?
        what test equiptment you have?
        Angus
        88 E30M3 X2
        89 325IX
        92 R100GS/PD
        :)

Comment

Working...
        X