What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Next?

Hey guys I have a 1989 325is with 125k miles, runs amazing. I had the tranny swapped from a automatic to manual. It pulls extremely well because of the 4.10 lsd, many people underestimate it:D. By no means do i think my car is fast but for being a 17 yr old car it does fairly well against newer cars. the second thing i did to the car was of course suspension ( bilstein sports w/ IE stg 3 springs ) which make the car so incredibly fun to drive. I plan on purchasing a sway bar kit from Flyingbrick to further increase the handling aspect of my car. The question i have is what should i do next? Mark'D chip w/ 19# injectors or just the Mark'D with the stock injectors? Or Getting rims, Corbeau seats etc. I do not want to pour money into bolt ons just because the gains are minimal, when i am doing done restoring the car completely i want to go FI. Take into account im only 17 and the boost project will take some time but i am putting money away every week ( going to college for free and almost working full time is great).

clearly listen to Budget Beater and buy a cf intake off of ebay and get some drier hose

Comment

Hahhaa you mean budget beatoff? I loved it when you guys tore him a new one! I find it funny that he is a GOD over at e30tech!!

Comment

yeah, i'm working on changing that over there...

My most favorite mod has been seats. (And you already have a suspension). Good tires on weaves or 15s would be good too.

Comment

Yeah seats and tires would be a good option! Hmm I am curious as to why you got rid of your chip though?

Comment

Gas prices are shooting through the roof and I attend college an hour from home, so the occasional commute isn't cheap with a 4.10, chip, etc. I really don't miss the things I've taken off in the past few weeks. Marginal gains, and the the car has torque regardless. But if you are looking for that little more juice, 4-pintle 19lb mustang 5.0 injectors, mark d chip, and m30 afm can do that (and also resold EASILY later on).

Comment

Soo the M30 AFM works with 19# injectors? Where do i pick up a M30 AFM? Yeah with gas prices and having to drive soo far for college i dont blame you.

Comment

yeah, pretty effectively. junk yards. my FS ads...

22mpg on the highway with 93 octane wasn't too hot.

Comment

Rwh11385 do you have any future plans for your car? FI, stroker etc. Or just gonna keep your M20 stock and healthy

Comment

pffft.

Comment

You sound like a smart fella, I like the way youve started out with your car. I have a 330mm sparco wheel that Im in love with, racing seats as well. Those are a couple things to take into acoount. You have the right idea by starting with maintnance. Sounds like your car is in good condition but make sure you replace every tune up part on the car before modding. Sticky tires are always fun as Robert mentioned. Brighter headlights(hid's) are nice to have, short shift kit is a must for e30's. Uprgraded bushings, good brakes and a chip of some kind will make you very happy. I would steer clear from bigger injectors unless you want to go balls out on your m20 but I will let other guys comment on that. A fresh e30 with a good suspension, brakes, and tires is an amazing car to thrash daily. Hope that helped.

-Paul

Comment

yeah that helped alot Formula driver, thanks for the insight:D

Comment

Working...
                        X