So...the cosmetic portion of the project is finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...the cosmetic portion of the project is finally done

Hey folks. I know I've been a bit of a ghost around here for a while, just been trying to get all the loose ends of the project car tied up. So far, everything is done except for perhaps the carbon fiber hood...which will be along sometime after the new engine is installed.

For those of you that don't know, I purchased this car in August of 2005 after a head-on collision totalled my red 87 325is. I couldn't just hang up my hat, so the new project was on.

The outside of the car has undergone a full conversion. First a swap to the later-style plastic bumpers with e36 328is side skirts, and now to a full MTech2 kit. All of the MTech pieces are original except for the front and rear bumper covers and rear apron. Those piece were purchased from Abrahams Motorsport. I went with the fiberglass pieces for the front and rear because it would be a lot easier and durable to blend the custom fender flares (fiberglass) into their fiberglass replicas. All other pieces are the factory units. The car was also sprayed with the darkest and purest shade of black I could find (called a 99k Black).

The front headlights are new smoked european Hellas also bought from Abrahams. The tail lights were professionally smoked. Only lights remaining are the smoked front turn signals to be ordered soon. Window tint is also a full 20% all around.

The interior was complete redone with a two-tone theme, all suede. I also retrofitted the map pockets to hold two Polk/Momo 4x6 component speakers. The trunk has a new custom box fitted wit a Kenwood 7202 amplifier and a 12" Polk/Momo DVC subwoofer.

Also, for those that don't know, currently I'm working on an m20 3.2l stroker which will have my current SplitSec MAF fitted to it, as well as a custom turbo setup. I purchased a stainless equal-length turbo manifold with a 44mm external wastegate setup that will go on as well. I'm still investigating a compressor, as the Garrett/AiResearch GT35 I was planning on doesn't appear as though it will net the 500 flywheel hp I'm aiming for. Also to be mated with the new engine will be a Spec S3 clutch and a new Metric Mechanic Getrag 260 performance transmission.

Enough on all that...on to the pics!

August 2005, The day she was purchased. 1 day after the accident:

This is how the car sits today....

And the new interior...

Now...as I don my flame retardant suite...comments appreciated.
    Last edited by Slyder; 05-23-2006, 09:27 PM.
    - Jason

WOW. that change is damn impressive. i can't say i love the interior, but i can say that i don't hate it... if that means anything to you.

nice work man, nice work.

what do you have planned for the engine compartment?

Comment

You know that those wheels fit without a widebody. Right? ;)

Looks good!

Comment

Wow dude, the car looks sweet!!! The only questions are what suspension you running? Who makes the seat? I need to replace my interior in the convertible, so tell me how hot that stuff gets too please.

Comment

Holy shit! My mouth literally dropped open when I saw the after pics. That's incredible!

Those seats are pretty cool, what are they from, and what does C3 mean?

Comment

Not a fan of the interior, but that is some serious progress.

Comment

I don't like the interior at all, however the outside looks fucking MEAN.

Amazing Transformation, nice work!

Comment

Interior is euro style!!! Outside looks fucking BAD though. All black that that is bad ass!!!

Will
                RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                DaveCN = Old Man
                My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Slam the hell out of it with some coilovers and get you some fat dished to fill out that widebody. 11'' in the rear!!!!

AND maybe 1 more fog light. ;D haha

i like it man!

Comment

I think the interior looks HOT, except for the logos on the headrests. Other then that I can't say one negative thing about this car.
                    Signature removed by R3VLimited staff due to a violation of the signature rules

Comment

C3 = C3 Motorsport. I'm still deciding whether or not to keep it on the headrests. It's essentially the company car...so I may lose the logo on the headrests and stay with just the decals on the quarter glass and another on the front spoiler lip when the paint has fully cured enough to not worry about damaging it.

For anyone wondering, the car currently is running a full GC coilover package with camber plates and RSMs. Current front spring rate is 450#/in and the rear is 750#/in. The fronts wil be going up to 650#/in on Saturday. I'm not going to be lowering the car any further for a while, simply because the roads here in El Paso are without question the worst I've ever driven on. Nearly every road in the city right now is torn up and they're doing repaving. It'll be several months before I can even consider it.

The current wheel replacement I'm planning on is a set of cutom JLine's. I'm highly considering the SDM SL2's at 17x8.5 front and 17x9.5 in the rear. They will be wrapped with Goodyear Eagle F1's and the brakes will be upgraded to the IE BBK 13.2" 2-piece rotors front and rear, along with the Mustang Cobra 2-piston calipers.
                      - Jason

Comment

Once you go black, you never go back........

Comment

how much $$$ did you spend on it? It looks very good! I'd choose bbs's to go all the way ;)
                          sigpic

Comment

thats just :eeek: , how much did your total costs for everything come to??

Comment

only ONE thing u need... euro grills !

Comment

Working...
                              X