Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - 1986 325es

Hello, long time lurker here!

About 4 months ago I bought a 325es from my uncle for $800. It had a couple problems, I'll start with leaking oil and sometimes over heating, but it wasn't a problem since I had planned on using it as a little "budget" project car, since my MINI is my main car.

When I first drove it, it screeched every time I started it. The sound was incredibly annoying, luckily I go to school with NickFlic3 so he was able to help me out on changing the belts.

I avoided driving the car for a couple months as tires were dry rotted and I couldn't afford a new set of tires. I also felt that if I was to buy tires, it would be for wheels I actually liked. It just so happened that Nick was selling his TSW Hockenheims so I picked up the set from him. What had happened was my car turning into a monster truck :p

It took me another month or so until I got an Eibach Pro-Kit from a friend. It's not really bothered me how it's handled, seems fine to me (I'll probably get flamed for this), but I like how it sits now.

The one thing that bothered me most was the black wheels I've bought. I was never a fan of black wheels, so that had to go. I painted them silver with no ragrets and am very happy with the results so far. This is how my E30 sits as of now :)

The leaking oil and over heating has since been solved, it runs almost perfect now. What I'm looking to do in the future is to replace the shifter bushings as getting into gear is becoming a hassle. I look forward to posting the progress of this car :)

hey another Ie guy, nice car man
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

looks great!
      86 325e

92 525i

Comment

Clean car, definitely like the change of wheels from black to silver.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

dayumm thats clean ,uncle took good care of it for you

like the wheels too
          Angus
          88 E30M3 X2
          89 325IX
          92 R100GS/PD
          :)

Comment

Thanks guys :D

I forgot to add that I was pretty bummed when I was sold the car with only one key. My uncle came by yesterday and dropped off the flash light key :D Now, must order a battery for it :P

Comment

:up:
              Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
              Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
              Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
              Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

That looks fantastic! Always good to have quality friends in the game too.
                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Nice ride! What part of the 661?
                  sigpic

My 92' Alpine White Cabrio

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302491

Comment

Thanks again guys! :)

Yes it definitely helps having a friend who knows his stuff. Went to the junkyard today to get E36 window switches ... got the switches but forgot about the harnesses lol.

@bradthreee I'm in West Lancaster.

Comment

Hey everyone, just some new photos. I managed to keep it clean :D

I have a question, I got an apron not too long ago, just wondering what brand it is, just so I have a general idea on what I have.

And two more pictures.

Comment

Working...
                      X