Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Matte Grey 1991 318is with an S50 Swap + Other Goodies

Hey Guys..

For a little while I had been searching for a clean E30 with a well done swap. Was not the easiest search, especially being in Canada.. but a few months ago I finally found what seemed to be a rather promising car. I took a train about 6 hours east and saw the gem in person. Worked out a deal with the seller, setup insurance and drove her back home.

Here she is...

Quick little rundown !

Its a 1991 318is with an Engine and Transmission from a 1995 M3. She's also got a 5 Lug swap done and full M3 suspension in the front. The Car is clean inside n out, and the work was all done at a reputable BMW Race shop in Montreal. Its currently Wrapped Matte Grey, but the underneath is a pretty clean Delphin Grey. I'm thinking I stick with how it looks currently for the upcoming summer, and next summer I'm going to remove the wrap+Body kit and go with a stock look. So far I've changed the shocks to Bilsteins, Added a Skid Plate, changed the steering wheel to an Mtech and plan to do a few more small changes.

Didn't get to drive it too much due to Crappy Canadian weather, but maan she pulls hard. Also gonna link a vid so you guys can hear how this beauty sounds all revved up,

Thanks for reading !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47xJNIhlaY
    Last edited by Danny51; 02-14-2015, 10:43 PM.

Nice car man!! What does the car have for exhaust?
    1990 S50 Calypso-rot 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Midweste30 View Post
      Nice car man!! What does the car have for exhaust?
      Thanks ! Its a custom exhaust.. 3" headers leading to a High Flow Cat and then a muffler, which I haven't had a chance to check for the brand

Comment

That wrap looks amazing, the car just looks menacing.

Guess you want to put your own stamp on it but if that was my car I would not change a thing. There's plenty of Dolphin Grey cars out there but a matt grey E30 must be pretty much unique.

Comment

Nice man, looks like it's a fun ride to drive! I spy a mtech 2 front valance ;)

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Thanks Guys ! Yea the wrap is pretty badass so I'm definitely keeping it as is for now.. and yep ! The seller added it into the deal !

Can't wait for spring

Comment

I remember seeing this car on kijiji and talking to you about some bumpers over kijiji.

Is it a wrap or plasti dip?

Personally I'd peel it, only cause delphin grey is my fav colour. Id also remove those side skirts.....the rest of your body kit (front and back bumpers) is bmw mtech2. It looks good and stock.

You got a sick deal on that car man congrats!
              sigpic
              Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
              1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
              Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Looks clean. Where do you live? There are tons of E30s in the GTA, they just never leave the garage...

Comment

Thanks again !

The rear bumper is actually Racing Dynamics. I was thinking about removing the sideskirts just because Im scared of rust forming.. but I feel like it may look like something's missing. I was also considering Mtech 2 sideskirts but again the fear of rust.

I live in Mississauga, and yea true enough ! She's gonna sit in the garage until its warm out.

Comment

Peanut Butter and JEALOUS!! i want my 318is to be s50'd

Comment

looks great

Comment

Thanks guys !

She'll be out of the garage in a couple weeks hopefully... just hit 0 celsius today lol

Comment

Really clean car OP. I'm digging the matte wrap too

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                          X