No announcement yet.

the boring but meticulous 2.7i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I've been away from r3v for a few months. Been busy finishing up my bachelor's degree.

Finally test fit the prototype of my cam sensor plate design -- perfect fit!

trigger wheel – it's mild steel but could easily be painted or plated – bolts right to the distributor rotor adapter

and the sensor mount itself. This is billet aluminum. Solid half inch of clearance between the fan and sensor, and the wire on the sensor is long enough to reach the plug bracket where the cyl ID sensor normally plugs in – so it looks very stock!

and finally, just marking out where I have to lengthen the M50NV harness for a better fit. spaghetti!

If there is enough interest in this cam sensor mount design, I may put together a group buy. Be warned though, CNC parts are quite expensive. I do have quite a few trigger wheels already made though, PM me if you want to buy one.

1986 327i
    transaction feedback
    DIY thing
    meh

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
      You need a 3.73 :)
      agreed. I had the 3.73lsd in my 2.7i and it was a whole different car

*my bad, i didn't realize i was quoting the first page.

What coding plug are you using for the Dash?
      Last edited by Regnar75; 06-16-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Regnar75 View Post
        What coding plug are you using for the Dash?
        It's a pre-1/86 car, so I just switched the tach. Coding peg (could hardly call it a plug) is unchanged.

Thinking of things, does anyone know how this peg actually works? It looks like it pushes down some sort of switch, but I can't figure it out.

1986 327i
        transaction feedback
        DIY thing
        meh

Comment

Working...
        X