DS E30 touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS E30 touring

I just moved to Vancouver BC 2 weeks ago from Sydney Australia. Searching for a car for me and a car for the family and then this popped up for sale:

I have had the e30 bug for a long time and built a stroker 325i coupe, sold it and bought a USA spec henna m3 and converted it to RHD. That now lives at my parents back in Sydney.

So when I saw this wagon I thought it could suit family duties as well as something to play with. My partner can't drive a manual, this car has the sports auto so she can drive the kids around in it.

I spoke to the seller and found out it is a Jap import about 8 years ago, has 166k kms on it, supposedly not rusty or had been in any accidents. The paint has faded and the drivers seat is torn. Price was reasonable and the seller was a mechanic who came across a being legitimate.

So I made the trip to Vancouver island to see the car with a bank draft in hand hoping drive it back.

A good look around the car and on the hoist showed it to be a very original unmolested car, with some good options. I ended up buying it and driving it home.

First on the list is a timing belt as it is over 4 years and 60k kms since it has been done. I am a euro tech and did my time at bmw so will be doing all the work myself.

Some more pics:

Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
    2000 M5 Winter beater
    1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
    1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Congrats on an awesome wagon, good luck with it. It seems like you know what you are doing seeing as you did not sell them3 before moving!
    View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Nice start, jealous here over in america.

Comment

Nice wagon! Bring it out to one of the Thursday night meetups.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Thanks! Yeah I was not going to sell the M3, didn't even come close. Missing that car.

So I just read your Betty thread Mc hammered, wow so much work has gone into that car. So where are these Thursday night meets?
          2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

I saw the local listing... Nice one
            http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

Let the games begin.....
              2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

So i have been doing the usual crap you do on a 25 year old euro and changed timing and drive belts, engine mounts, intake boot, sparkys, rotor button and dizzy cap, oil and filter, thermostat, coolant flush and repaired some electrical gremilins that was stopping right rear window and central locking from working ( broken wires).

Other than that I have got the a/c kind of working but really needs a full overhaul to work well, got most of the bits to do that.

Also bought some hartge 16s to replace the volk 15s that are on there at the moment, mainly due to it being easier to find good tyres for 16s. I am pissed that the tire shop that removed the wheels for the seller broke a centre cap. These things are like rocking horse shit.

That's all sort of normal boring stuff that is not really worth posting but, I am a little bit excited about this:

I have been working hard to do this and finally got it up and running. Factory Diagnostic's that I tested on my e30 and it worked! I can read out of the DME and actuate components and read fault codes etc. I didn't need it for this car but it was kinda cool to see the idle valve ticking away when I activated it.
                2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Working...
                X