Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    try to shift it left and down

Yeah, do that. That lack of reverse switch up by the vent...

A pic of the left side of the gearbox would confirm CR status.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      try to shift it left and down
      Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Yeah, do that. That lack of reverse switch up by the vent...

A pic of the left side of the gearbox would confirm CR status.
      This is all I have for photos of the left side atm.

I think there is a reverse switch by the vent..it's just saran wrapped right now.

Based on the reverse light alone, I think this is a standard OD gearbox for an m10
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, its OD.

Shifter detent plugs in the intermediate section.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          Yes, its OD.

Shifter detent plugs in the intermediate section.
          Thank you for pointing that out.

I can't be mad though. Most of this stuff was free after I sold a single item.
          sigpic

Comment

Minor developments on the Florida car.

These came in today. I jumped on the California Legacy Plates bandwagon and snagged a set with the characters F L O R I D A on them. No one will understand why except for real 02 guys. I'm not trying to impress ladies anymore. Just hardcore dudes and straight up enthusiasts.

And these also showed up yesterday which is nice. I think I'm going to put these in the Florida car after all.

The original plan was to put the GC suspension on the Florida car. But then I decided that it won't be ready for SoCal Vintage due to painting and bodywork taking a week longer than it should have. Well, the SF green car won't be ready either (what I consider ready anyways), so I don't want to give it the GC suspension either. So now I'm back to the original plan. All the cool stuff goes on the Florida 1600. That's the way it was, that's the way it is, that's the way it will be.

By some divine miracle, I may just be able to drive the Florida car to SoCal Vintage but I'm not putting too much hope in that happening.

I should have some photo updates tomorrow. I think the trunk and engine bay is being sprayed today.
            sigpic

Comment

Beautiful as always

Comment

I still cant, I might not ever will.

Comment

Today was a nice day. I focused all efforts on getting the coilovers and brakes ready for the Florida car. The engine bay and trunk was also sprayed today but I'll reserve judgement until I can make it there and see for myself.

On to the brakes. I purchased new rotors, calipers, bearings/races, and SS brake lines in anticipation for a nice, clean set up.

So I dug through the pile to find a set of hubs that would be used for the rebuild. I popped out all four bearings and races and cleaned them up with gasoline, brake cleaner, copper brushes and towels.

Once cleaned, I pressed the new races in. Everything went smoothly. I always doubt myself on jobs like these. I tell myself that I am mechanically inclined to perform these tasks but I never feel like I can. But it usually turns out ok.

Then I hit them with a few coats of black engine-block paint to bring them to a uniform color and packed the bearings and inner hubs full of grease, followed by strut spindles. Then I assembled everything, including the new single-line calipers (because 1600). Everything went together smoothly and looks great. I'll probably install the 250mm rear drums on this car as well. I wish I could get the bbk behind the stock 13" steelies but that will never happen. I installed the calipers but never took the time to see if they are in the correct orientation. I'll figure that out next week.

I ordered all parts through blunttech but I never got grease caps. So I salvaged one cap from the bbk but I can't find the second. So that sucks. I need to order a new set.
                  sigpic

Comment

Great work Ryan. Attention to detail is spot on.

I like the photography as well.

Comment

It was pointed out to me that I forgot the backing plates. So I need to pull these apart and install those.

Yayyyyyyyyy.

Thanks Stig.
                      sigpic

Comment

I imagine you meticulously placed the registration stickers in your new plates, am I right?

Looking good as always Danco

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                        --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                          I imagine you meticulously placed the registration stickers in your new plates, am I right?

Looking good as always Danco
                          I eyeballed the stickers but a friend mentioned to grab a reproduction set of these:

This variation is correct for 1968-69 when this car was produced and registered. Too bad I don't have any other history on what dealership originally sold this car or I'd be after a vintage license plate frame.

I'm getting closer and closer to putting these cars together.
                          And thank you Mike!
                          sigpic

Comment

Worked on this car a little bit. Added euro turn signals and freshened up the rims. I have plans with these wheels, but haven't decided. I have two wheels that are widened but I may want to do something slightly different this time. I need to make this car low. It's so stock it hurts. But that's also kind of nice.

sigpic

Comment

You still wanting to do that Rocket Bunny kit on it?
                              Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
                                You still wanting to do that Rocket Bunny kit on it?
                                I am flying Nakai-San out to do a RWB kit so no more Rocket Bunny. RB had me on a 6 month waiting list and for a measly $30k, Nakai said he would do it and sleep on my couch so I ok'd it.

Sometimes I wish I was more asian
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X