Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
    No way dude r u crazy?

Side note, that box I found was about 3 inches too narrow. Need to find a bigger box now. But I will. I have not forgotten.
    hahaha, not for these ones. Maybe one of your other 02s! Alrighty, sounds good :D

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

The agave green looks nice but since you are painting it anyway why not go evergreen? I loved the blue one though and blue is one of my least favorite colors on a car. I look forward to seeing the end results.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
        Agave is a great color on the 2002. My brother had one for a while lowered on e21 offset 14 inch panasports, it looked like a million bucks.
        I need it. If I keep the car, it will be repainted in the next four months. I have a shop in Mexico that does excellent work and can do the full color change for under $2k. And they use the good stuff. Single stage PPG and they use lewd to fill instead of bondo.

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
        hahaha, not for these ones. Maybe one of your other 02s! Alrighty, sounds good :D
        I don't have any square tail cars right now! I'd only consider turbo flares on a 74-75. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to color and basic aesthetics.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
        The agave green looks nice but since you are painting it anyway why not go evergreen? I loved the blue one though and blue is one of my least favorite colors on a car. I look forward to seeing the end results.
        Can't do evergreen. It's cool, but it belongs on a z3 coupe.
        And I'm with you; I am not a fan of blue cars. Somehow, the blue 1600 worked though. I enjoyed that car a lot. It was just right.
        Last edited by phreshkid; 09-29-2015, 11:29 PM.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

oh, huh, okay, I guess I didn't know what agave was.

That sounds like a nice connection with the paint shop. Presumably for that much you have to deliver a stripped shell to them?
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            oh, huh, okay, I guess I didn't know what agave was.

That sounds like a nice connection with the paint shop. Presumably for that much you have to deliver a stripped shell to them?
            They typically take the car complete and strip it down themselves. But in my case, I don't need them dinging what will be new belt-line trim, so I'll bring them a nearly stripped car. I'll have them fill in the US-DOT stuff and give it a full respray, inside and out. It will look good.

I'm hesitant on what to do, considering it holds a Salvage Title do to the minor accident. But I know that the car is already nicer than 94% of 02s out there, and will be extremely hard to reproduce with how little I have into it (even with new interior and wheels).

I'll probably do the paint correction anyways.
            sigpic

Comment

do the florida car up nice, make a daily bomber out of the agave?

you can stick an M42 in and I've got a transmission for you ;)
              cars beep boop

Comment

I visited the Florida car today. It's coming along nicely. Should be ready for paint in a week or so.

outside his shop:

You can see some pretty neat cars trickled through out those photos. He's a muscle car guy so I trust him to do the bodywork on the little Florida 02. Upon inspection, he is doing a good job. He has fabricated a few panels for me already and they came out great.

This car has thrown me down the rabbit hole. It's probably going to get everything new. I'm about ready to drop some coin on a new Ground Control Kit, but I'm fairly certain I can save the GC kit for Polaris car, or whichever car gets turbo'd.

But I'm going to make a suspension decision soon. I want this car to make it to SoCal Vintage.
                I'm avoiding Bilstein Sports at all costs. I was thinking about Bilstein HD for the Mk1 rabbit as inserts, and then perhaps mr2 rear shocks (slightly shorter body with plenty of travel for a lowered 02). This will allow me to keep moderate spring rates, nothing stiff, since this car will not be a racecar or canyon carver. I'm going after front and rear camber/caster adjustability though.

So many decisions.
                sigpic

Comment

at least in e30s, sports and HDs have similar internal valving, but HDs have taller bump stops.

generally I've found that Koni yellows are softer than new Bilsteins, which are harsh enough that Ground Control still gets their panties in a wad when you mention them.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

do the florida car up nice, make a daily bomber out of the agave?

you can stick an M42 in and I've got a transmission for you ;)
                    Remember that car I called you about last week? This is the engine. It has a great m42 in it.

Pair this with Jake B's (of Classic Daily) turbo kit, and I have a reliable 220whp on 91 octane gas. Did I mention all can be done for under $2k?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    sigpic

Comment

cars beep boop

Comment

I'll make the necessary arrangements

why not. Life is too short to not have a smog-free turbo car.
                        sigpic

Comment

at least in e30s, sports and HDs have similar internal valving, but HDs have taller bump stops.

generally I've found that Koni yellows are softer than new Bilsteins, which are harsh enough that Ground Control still gets their panties in a wad when you mention them.

Bilstein Sports for 2002s and also 911s have completely different valving compared to the HD units. They are pretty damn stiff.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Yes please. Jakebs kits are awesome.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I think they are ready.

Now to figure out suspension. I want to go as low as the blue car, perhaps lower once I get the rear camber/castor plate.

Part of me just wants to grab a full GC kit and be done with it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice! Wheels look very nice :) I approve of the m42 turbo idea as well.
                                Current:
                                1989 325i
                                1988 M3
                                1987 325ic
                                Past:
                                2001 330ci
                                2001 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X