1987 325is, Mtech1 replica with French lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is, Mtech1 replica with French lights

I've been slowly going down the to-do list for this car, passenger side power window motor and new regulator, rear shock mounts, and finally taking care of the mtech1 front spoiler project. This is the fiberglass replica model offered by someone on here a while back, I don't think he is selling them now.

I spent several hours checking fitment, drilling holes (it doesn't come pre-drilled), mounting it up and re-checking, using a dremel to modify brand new euro fog housings (kind of sad) so they would fit, and other misc before I had it painted.

The most obvious area where fitment is so-so is the bulge under the passenger side turn signal lens where the airdam is pushed down a bit.

Fogs are brand new, euro French models which were a few euros cheaper than the clears, go figure. Lights are Cibie CSR lows with Hella yellow highs, both flat-face versions.

I need to figure out how to wire in the fogs since the connectors are different, and I'm still getting the fast turn-signal click (like when a bulb is burned out) for right turns although both bulbs are working fine.

Next up is replacing fuel injectors and adding an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
    Attached Files
    cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

fog lights

On mine I had to cut the connector and wire brown to brown black to black. Not sure if that helps, but there should be two wires from car and two from fog light. Be sure the grounds are wired together or it will not work at all:)
    jm

Comment

Working...
    X